b18c into a 93 si hatch questions???

mtt311

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like the tread says i have a 93 si hatch and i have some questions. since my car is already vtech ready, when i swap in a gsr will the wires and the ecu plug straight up? And if they do, does anybody know if it will past the ref inspection?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vtec.

5th gen hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
obd1 or obd2. you need to wire iab and knock if obd1 if obd2 i have no idea.

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1992 Civic's were pre wired for VTEC. Not sure if the 93's are. If you are using an OBD1 GSR, you just need to add the IAB and knock sensor. Everything else plugs right in. Make sure you also get the P72 ECU with the swap.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
weksos said:
1992 Civic's were pre wired for VTEC. Not sure if the 93's are. If you are using an OBD1 GSR, you just need to add the IAB and knock sensor. Everything else plugs right in. Make sure you also get the P72 ECU with the swap.
1992 was the only year all civics were prewired for vtec

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vtec is 3 wires... ground, vtec oil pressure, vtec solenoid.

3 bucks worth of materials... and some time googling the pin outs on the ecu (i know off hand one is a28)

mtt311

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since my car is an si hatch...it already vtec ready....i want to know if an odb1 gsr will just plug straight up

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mtt311 said:
since my car is an si hatch...it already vtec ready....i want to know if an odb1 gsr will just plug straight up
yes beside 2 wires.. you need a single wire from ECU to Knock sensor & Single wire from ECU to IAB

mtt311

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just want to be clear on this...so i have a vtec motor in my car right now...so even though its already vtec, i still have to get those extra wires? sorry if i come off sounding stupid

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mtt311 said:
i just want to be clear on this...so i have a vtec motor in my car right now...so even though its already vtec, i still have to get those extra wires? sorry if i come off sounding stupid
read my post.. /end thread

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ what everyone said, but you still dont get it. go to the FF-squad link its all there.

since you got vtec sure thats good, BUT you need the knock hooked up, and you need to wire up the IAB (back of the intake mani theres a plug) one to the ecu and the other 2 a ground. its easiest if you have the gsr harness because then you will have both IAB and knock plugs, if not I guess the stock one can do..

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats hard to understand? during the swap you have three things you need to add, one being vtec which you already have, so that leaves two, iab and knock sensor. nothing more nothing less.

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mtt311 said:

IAB and knock sensor which is found on the GSR and not on your SI.