B18c OBD2a motor into OBD2b Chassis Problems

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alright, so i completed my swap earlier this year and have just been driving around with some minor problems but now they are starting to get to me.

First and foremost. the car runs, engine will start 100% of the time and will not die at all, although sometimes it gets close.

Background:
The motor is an obd2a B18c SiR-G
The chassis is an obd2b EM1
The wiring harness used came off of my b16a2 (obd2b)
The ECU is an obd2a b18c SiR-G and is being run using an obd2b to obd2a conversion harness
The secondary butterfly valve has not been wired up
No CEL at all

The problems:
1.) Tachometer does not work, i imagine because its an obd2a Dizzy and an obd2b plug but am not sure

2.) Really really rough idle, sometimes at idle the RPMs will bounce from 200 to about 1000 (this is a guess because as #1 says, the tach does not work) as if there is a vacuum leak somewhere, i cant find the leak at all. the nipple on the throttle body has been capped off. its worth mentioning that after about a minute or so the bouncing idle will become steady at.about 600 (slightly higher than normal).
other times, and i have only noticed this when the car is warm, the idle will stay at close to 2000-3000rpms steady (again, my best guess).

3.) How do i wire up my secondary butterfly valve?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i cant be the only one that has ever swapped a GSR into an EM1 on this forum

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure about the tach not working, my guess is as good as yours.

The idle problem sounds like the IACV may need to be cleaned

and i've never dealt with a GSR's butterflies :(

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok so i figured out that the Tach not working is due to the Tach receiving the signal from the ECU on EM1, but on the B18c it comes from the Distributor, so to fix it you just run a wire from the dizzy to the tach.

cleaned the IACV's but the problem is still there, i noticed that i have a vacuum hose thats not plugged in that runs my cruise control, but i have no idea where it goes. so there may be a vacuum nipple that is not capped somewhere causing the rev fluctuations. just to be safe i had loosened the throttle cable a little bit and it fixed the high revving problem for like a week but now it is doing it again.