B18c swap question, wiring etc

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just to pick some brains, ive looked through all the stickies about swapping the b18 into a 5thgen hatch...i understand the wiring up vtec and all, sorta.....just wanted to know about a couple things....do you use the stock wiring harness from the 5th g? if so are the wires for vtec coming from sensors that are on the new engine? I'm asking in that sense because I called about an engine and the person said they have everything but ill have to use the stock wiring harness...just point me in the right direction..thanks anyone

93b16hatch

Felony Racing LLC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99siTUNER said:
just to pick some brains, ive looked through all the stickies about swapping the b18 into a 5thgen hatch...i understand the wiring up vtec and all, sorta.....just wanted to know about a couple things....do you use the stock wiring harness from the 5th g? if so are the wires for vtec coming from sensors that are on the new engine? I'm asking in that sense because I called about an engine and the person said they have everything but ill have to use the stock wiring harness...just point me in the right direction..thanks anyone
Thats what I did ,, i used my stock wireharness though its nice if you can get atleast a cut wireharness off of the gsr so you can add the nessesary wires.

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so basically i could use the stock harness i would just need to have extra wires to hook up vtec, knock sensor and whatever else (4wires?)

Bluedragon

5+ Year Member
Yup, that's what i did took the stock harness off the d and put it on the b the cut the plugs off of the b that I needed for the vtec and stuff and ran wire in and hooked it up at the ecu.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the stock harness from a USDM GSR would be the best way... BUt you can doing with the stock

mrwkmk

5+ Year Member
i know im not 5th gen but a quick question i got a 96 civic putting an obd2a gsr engine in it... its a jdm motor. i was looking for the vtec oil pressure sensor and it doesn't have one.. the plug isn't there i herd someone saying that jdm doesn't use it is that true? and in that case i would only need to wire up the knock sensor and the vtech solenoid. right. thanks