B18c5 Turbo !

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Forget the c5 if your gonna boost it you should just give it to me were i will put it to good use in N/A.

ExcelcivicSi

JDM Biatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WiggerMan said:
Super Street Rox... just that this guy seems like hes about 15 or 16 and heard something about hondas and is now on here trying to boost his cyber-ego
he'll still be kicking our ass. even though you shouldn't really boost on high comp. but oh well if he builds it right it should be fine

Last edited:

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YOUR RUINING THE c5, man its a sexy motor for N/A. yeah ls/vtec's are sweet for boosting. B18c5 was just tuned for all motor allications and should stay that way. Nothing like the sound of a c5.

GeorgeLouis1618

Registered Hondaphile
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
a crower stroker kit does not= stock bottom end

Maybe you need to re-read my post, bud.

notice the AND

Suggesting he may have run it under two seperate setups ;)

GeorgeLouis1618

Registered Hondaphile
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ExcelcivicSi said:
he'll still be kicking our ass. even though you shoudl really boost on high comp. but oh well if he builds it right it should be fine
Methanol works great for this idea! :D

Taco

Bracket Racing Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Disclaimer: I'm new, I've driven all of about 4 miles in my Civic, and I don't know much about the ITR motor, but I was raised around High Compression V8's, some on N20, some Supercharged, and I've tossed around the idea of Turbo'n my WS-6, so I've done some research on Boostin. I'm not here to stomp toes, just to toss out my Two Cents. /Disclaimer

First of all, I don't think y'all are giving this guy a chance. I know all about trolls and such, but I always give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's not as into the Type R motor (holding it on this pedestal it seems to be on) and, not unlike myself, knows the potential of any boosted motor vs NA.

All Motor is without a doubt the pinnacle of our hobby/lifestyle, whichever you may. But to build a NA motor to make the power that can be made by a Turbo'd motor, you're looking at EASY double the money, if you want a motor that'll make it down the street and back in one piece.

If you go NA, and you want to make even close to 350 hp (A reasonably easy number for a turbo'd B series), you've gotta have major headwork done, you really want to upgrade to stronger valvetrain parts, obviously you want good rods and pistons (also in the turbo setup, if you want better-than-decent reliability) and you'll have to change cams, pulleys, and you'll want a good ECU or some sort of fuel/timing management (personal preference).

Now, you wanna go Turbo, you get your kit (I've seen complete kits as little as $2500, but I'm sure you can spend up to 5 or 6 grand with upgrades and accessories) and you're there.

I know, you can do more and need more to do so, but for 350 hp in a Turbo'd application, that's pretty much all you'd need, short of good dyno tuning for safety measures.

The price-per-hp seems to increase exponentially as you go up, but I'd have to say if you've already got the ITR motor (sounds like you do) and you wanna go Turbo, go for it. Different..... somewhat....... cool???

Totally!

Now, stop flaming him and let me have it, I know it's coming!

Taco

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Taco said:
Disclaimer: I'm new, I've driven all of about 4 miles in my Civic, and I don't know much about the ITR motor, but I was raised around High Compression V8's, some on N20, some Supercharged, and I've tossed around the idea of Turbo'n my WS-6, so I've done some research on Boostin. I'm not here to stomp toes, just to toss out my Two Cents. /Disclaimer

First of all, I don't think y'all are giving this guy a chance. I know all about trolls and such, but I always give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's not as into the Type R motor (holding it on this pedestal it seems to be on) and, not unlike myself, knows the potential of any boosted motor vs NA.

All Motor is without a doubt the pinnacle of our hobby/lifestyle, whichever you may. But to build a NA motor to make the power that can be made by a Turbo'd motor, you're looking at EASY double the money, if you want a motor that'll make it down the street and back in one piece.

If you go NA, and you want to make even close to 350 hp (A reasonably easy number for a turbo'd B series), you've gotta have major headwork done, you really want to upgrade to stronger valvetrain parts, obviously you want good rods and pistons (also in the turbo setup, if you want better-than-decent reliability) and you'll have to change cams, pulleys, and you'll want a good ECU or some sort of fuel/timing management (personal preference).

Now, you wanna go Turbo, you get your kit (I've seen complete kits as little as $2500, but I'm sure you can spend up to 5 or 6 grand with upgrades and accessories) and you're there.

I know, you can do more and need more to do so, but for 350 hp in a Turbo'd application, that's pretty much all you'd need, short of good dyno tuning for safety measures.

The price-per-hp seems to increase exponentially as you go up, but I'd have to say if you've already got the ITR motor (sounds like you do) and you wanna go Turbo, go for it. Different..... somewhat....... cool???

Totally!

Now, stop flaming him and let me have it, I know it's coming!

Taco
For a first time turbo project the ITR is a poor choice. It starts with relatively high compression which creates heat and preignites the fuel air mixture. It also has a lot more valve overlap which allows the outgoing exhaust charge to help pull in the incoming fuel/air mixture...except at high levels of boost when the Fuel/Air mixture gets forced out while both valves are open. It can be done. Terry Kizer turbo'd a Kawasaki ZX12 to 450hp and that's got lots of compression and overlap. Then again Terry Kizer IS Mr. Turbo.

I see no burrito, no bird and no B18C5....I'm calling :bs:

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys... I was wondering since for any other engine you have to do block work and head work for nitrous.....Do you need to do the same work for a C5???? Wanting to run the Venom VCN-2000 at 100hp shot of nitrous???? Do you guys think that the Type-R block can hold up to this????????

My guess is might have to resleeve the block

And of course Fuel System Upgrades

Inigo Montoya