B20 Swap Into 04 civic sedan????

Jvue

I'm new to this and i'm starting to learn about cars so if it makes you guys feel better about yourselfs you guys can bag on me

I was wondering can it be possible to swap a b20 into a 2004 honda civic lx, cause i was reading that if i want to swap a b18 into it than i'd have to like cut and rewire something like that.

THANKS FOR YOUR GUYS ANSWERS :D

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm new to this and i'm starting to learn about cars so if it makes you guys feel better about yourselfs you guys can bag on me

I was wondering can it be possible to swap a b20 into a 2004 honda civic lx, cause i was reading that if i want to swap a b18 into it than i'd have to like cut and rewire something like that.

THANKS FOR YOUR GUYS ANSWERS :D
Your car is OBD2b. You have to make sure your wire harness is made for the motor your putting in. A.k.a in a civic there is a three wire I.A.C (Idle air control valve) You have to wire it to be like a Cr-v for a B20, or B18 and make it a two wire I.A.C. You will also have to change your plugs for your your distributor and what not. I don't know if it is like that for an 04 but I did a B20 in my 2000 hatch. But you will be way over your head if you are just starting out. There is alot more to it than I just told you. I would recommend you to not do it.

02_EP3_<3

Also you will need custom mounts, since no one makes mounts for B-series 7th gens. You will also need other one off parts.

The short answer is no.

But then again, with enough money and time, you can do literally anything to a car.