b20 swap

maxg29

want to do a b20 swap....dose any one know where i can get the complete swap near long beach, cail.....and can some one tell me whats the is better b20b 0r b20z or are they the same thing

Eg Killer

A b20b and b20z are the same but the b20z has higher compression that's all

95coupeEX

B20z/B20b (high compression version) have higher compression and a little more hp...if u get one make sure it has a knock sensor in the back, otherwise its the low compression...Hmotorsonline.com is a good place to get a JDM b20b and they offer both the low and high compression versions. Just a thought, how are u going to get it pass the California emissions n all that s***?

Just so u don't get confused the B20b's are JDM engines, the B20b1 and B20z1 are USDM engines, and the JDM ones come in either high compression (with knock sensor) or low compression but both will b labeled B20b.

maxg29

ok one is high and the other one low...passing the cailifornia emissions?. i have had 2 cars and non of them ever pass smog i anyway had to do it illegal

maxg29

what kind of swap do u think i should do instead that lets me pass the cailfornia emissions

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
there are 3 b20s if i remember right

b20b= low compression from 96-98? CRV

b20z= higher compression from 99-00? CRV

then another that I cant remember if it is labeled b20b or b20z it comes from a van or something but it has the P8R head, thats the one to get
I dont remember if that infro is 100% but Im too lazy right now

If you want to stay non-vtec throw a B18a/b in there

95coupeEX

The b20 you're reffering to is also labeled b20b and its also JDM, if im not mistaken its the one with 9.2 comp, the others are either 8.6 for low n 9.6 for high comp.

I didn't know you could get away with doing it illegally there lol...if so thats what i would do man lol. Idk how the emissions n everything work in Cali so idk what engines u can "legally" put in there other than d series...

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B20b or B20z doesn't really matter if its going to be rebuilt from the ground up. If you plan on not messing with the bottom end I would agree with everyone else and go with the B20z. I personally have a B20b with a gsr head.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
The 9.2 comp B20 has the p8r head, it has less compression but makes more power than the 9.6 comp b20