b20 vtec build question

allmotorteggy

ok so i got a b20b im rebuilding all motor, i also purchased a b18c1 head and gsr trans. so far so good? didnt know if gsr or b16 trans was better. but so far the question i am asking is what piston do i go with? basically im just wanting 210-240 out of it. its a daily just want opinions on what works and holds up thanks!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so i got a b20b im rebuilding all motor, i also purchased a b18c1 head and gsr trans. so far so good? didnt know if gsr or b16 trans was better. but so far the question i am asking is what piston do i go with? basically im just wanting 210-240 out of it. its a daily just want opinions on what works and holds up thanks!
For the transmission, it depends on what your after. The B16 is going to give you more rightaway torque with the shorter gearing. The GSR has taller gears.
As for pistons it all depends on how much you want to spend. I think with your power goals you could get away with ITR pistons but I would have to look into it more for you. My buddy is running RS Machines in his and he's making 258 to the wheels (mind you, he's fully built).

And I REALLY hope you're going to sleeve the B20. Those blocks are notorious for the thin cylinder walls, and can't handle that high of compression. They were built for torque. Not compression.