b20

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ_things

does anyone know where i can get a b20 vtec for s a good price in California or a website? i plan on doing a swap with my 93 civic, my dad gave it to me as a gift he swapped it with a b18c1 i think and i wanna get a b20, i dont know much about b20's but i heard they come like 200hp so guys please help me thanks =)

Venomhatch94

I am not 100% sure if there are any b20's that make 200 HP but I do know there is an F20b that does (specs below). At some point I want to do an f20b swap and I will post with updates as I get further along with it.

F20B - info & specs
This engine series was used in the CF4, CF5, CF9, CL3 Honda Accord and Honda Torneo from Japan. It uses a DOHC VTEC cylinder head similar to the H22A found in the Prelude but was designed to comply with many countries' sub-2.0 liter tax. The automatic transmission versions received the lower hp version (180 hp), as it was tuned for more mid-range torque than its manual transmission counterpart. The F20B manual version also utilized stronger cams, intake and throttle body from the H22 type S. The difference between f20b manual (200 hp) and auto (180 hp) is cams, intake, throttle body and the gearbox for manual come with t2t4.

Specifications
Accord SiR wagon, SiR-T F20B 97-01 2.0 L
Valve train: four-cylinder, DOHC VTEC, 16-valve
Bore: 85.0 mm
Stroke: 88.0 mm
Displacement: 1997 cc
Torque: 145 lb·ft (197 N·m) @ 5500 rpm
Horsepower: 200 hp (150 kW) @ 7000 rpm
Red line: 7400 rpm
Compression: 11.0:1
Fuel control: OBD-2

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You may want to do some more research on the engines before grabbing one. Just be sure you know what you're getting. HMotorsonline.com sells all the Honda engines you'd be looking at really.

I was looking into the F20B for a long time and decided if I was doing a DOHC swap and didn't want a GSR, that the H22A was likely the better choice. Just more torque, better power and holds power better through the rpm band. More aftermarket parts, etc.

B20b engine will make just under 150hp and have a 6700rpm redline. People generally use these because the stock parts can handle the introduction of a turbo and be somewhat consistent with lower boost.

If you're looking for a good combination of power and torque out of the box without building too much, The B18C ITR motor has a higher price tag, but revs forever and puts out 197hp.

There's a lot of options. Need to decide what you really want out of it in the end.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here's my thread from when I was considering the F20. There's a good bit of information in there. The guys that participated have a good deal of knowledge in the different block setups.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=220996

Also forgot about the H2B. Another good setup. The H trans is slower compared to the B series, so you pretty much just hybrid them together. You generally see H22 with ITR tans.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your B18c1 is one of the better engines out there anyway, why swap in a slower/weaker setup?
I drove my GSR motor very hard when I had that car, I also took care of it pretty well, I think. It lasted a very long time, and was always very strong. I'd stick with the motor honestly, and maybe put the money into maintaining it and upgrading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.