b20a is a bad motor.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cant beleive i got a free friggin prelude, 91 and it has a b20a that wont even fit in my crx, so now im in search of an ITR motor which i know where one is or i will have to get and h22a, maybe even a k20a if it will fit tell me what you guys think.

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think..you spelled the city you live in wrong.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RICDOGG said:

thank you for that.....im from washington here for college. but thats cool just you know....correct me. and while your at it maybe have a few drinks and go drive or somethin.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF are you asking??????????????????

B18c5, H22a, or K20a?????? Check some other threads. This question has been brought up 892735402734908273 times. =)

Here are your token answers: B18C5, good n/a engine, pricey. H22a, torquey engine, also relatively pricey. K20a great motor, most expensive of all these I believe.

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blazinrex said:
thank you for that.....im from washington here for college. but thats cool just you know....correct me. and while your at it maybe have a few drinks and go drive or somethin.
can i use your prelude when i do that?
:D

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
WTF are you asking??????????????????

B18c5, H22a, or K20a?????? Check some other threads. This question has been brought up 892735402734908273 times. =)

Here are your token answers: B18C5, good n/a engine, pricey. H22a, torquey engine, also relatively pricey. K20a great motor, most expensive of all these I believe.

my roommate works at hasport so price isnt a big deal and i heard with the h22a that you lose some things like steering and braking ability with the si brakes.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The h22a is a heavier motor. You will lose as much braking power as if you have a friend in the car (weight diff of the motor......ish) so not much. Handling may be different. Ask the user JEZEK, he has an H22a swap in a 6th gen hatch.

Yeah, the pricing I mentioned was for used BTW. New about all those motors will rape you.

They sell motors there? They dont on the website.........odd.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The B20A5 and B21A1 suck? :shock: No s**t? You're kidding right? :roll:

This question has been asked eleventy billion times now

Sport Compact /super ricer/Mad Tite JDM Riceboy...one of those rags has an article on installing a H22A into a 4g with the Hasport kit.

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RICDOGG said:
HAhahaha, Pheonix, what's the from? Commercial or something, peehonix:rolf: Someones gotta know

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so the b20a sucks because it won't fit in your car? in that case, ls1's are the worst motor ever made :lol:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, the B20A5 sucks because it makes roughly the same numbers as a B18.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was joking, thats the reason he gave in his first post. a b20 wouldn't be my first choice of motor swaps

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RICDOGG said:
You think :???: I know how it's pronounced, but there was some funny ass commercial where someone was saying it like "peehonix"

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
radarblips said:
You think :???: I know how it's pronounced, but there was some funny ass commercial where someone was saying it like "peehonix"
i remember that...just not what it was for.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
i was joking, thats the reason he gave in his first post. a b20 wouldn't be my first choice of motor swaps

O. I. C.

:oops:

I was going to give a whole list of crap wrong with the B20A5 too! Like that weird Camry angle it's at and the fact that it's a cable shift tranny...etc...

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the b20 doesnt suck if you are going to mod it in a way to make a powerful engine.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
richocet1 said:
the b20 doesnt suck if you are going to mod it in a way to make a powerful engine.
you are thinking of the CRV B20

Trust me, the B20A5 and B21A1 suck for modding.

I have heard over and over again about the mighty B21VTEC. To date I have seen exactly ZERO. The B20A5 and B21A1 use a different head gasket than the B18C.

In a Civic engine compartment you could actually use a CAI. A marked improvement from the Prelude it came from. (headlight doors are in the way) Of course with the huge pain in the ass which is installing a Prelude B-series you could have done an H22A swap and come out 60 - 70 hp ahead.

Pacesetter is the only company that makes a header for it....at least the only one I've found. Regular B18 header won't fit. the engine is tilted back about 10 degrees.