B20b cx

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
i have a 96 cx with a b20b out of a crv, and the intake sticks out like a boner. i was just wondering where to find a good aftermarket intake that i can get a descent hood to fit over it. the hood thats on it was horridly modified by the kid i bought it off, and it looks like ass!!!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just get a stock LS intake off a B18B.....

OR if you want aftermarket you can get a Blox Racing or Skunk 2....

Blox is cheaper and similar quality....

If it was says Cams I would do Skunk2...

Anyways POST PICS OF THIS lol I wanna see it

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
hahaha yah its def funny looking, this car needs a lot of re-working, it was just slapped together by a couple teenagers!!!!!

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
here are just a couple pics, i have done nothing to this yet, but will in the near future, like when it gets warm!!!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well its not AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASssssss bad as I was expecting, to be honest I was waiting for a POS car with a HUGE hunk missing and just mangled ....

That is bad but could be worse? lol

So yea man just get either a stock ls mani or a aftermarket, I think you will need a new t-body and cable? possibly but there is some places around here on the inter toobs that will offer more info than I can offer....

Looks like if you got a nice hood your car would be pretty clean.... =)

Paint match the mirrors, door moldings, side skirts and upper grill and your car will be a lot better as well =) Then paint the lower grill satin black like it should be lol, get some fogs and a nice lip on the front too

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. X2 on what UCCRacing said, paint match everything, get your smaller intake and this'll be a pretty damn clean ride. Definitely not as bad as the other guy dericing over here.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=200184
Might make you feel better about your ride lol

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
Yeah definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. X2 on what UCCRacing said, paint match everything, get your smaller intake and this'll be a pretty damn clean ride. Definitely not as bad as the other guy dericing over here.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=200184
Might make you feel better about your ride lol
yah that definitely makes me feel better!!!!! to be honest though, that car surprised the s**t out of me on my way home, it's not afraid to move, but you can tell that kid put the exhaust on it too, its not supported right and dragging on the ground. but should be a good starting point for a nice ride. thanks for the info on the intake, i think im gonna get an aftermarket one, but i may wait. i think im gonna get different heads, and maybe beef up the bottom end a little bit too, i would like some forced induction action lol

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You mean a different ***HEAD**** not heads, its not a v block engine lol.....

Well I would just get something better now and fix that issue... But you could get a Blox one for 190 shipped, which is what I have, just waiting to use it =)

Well sir if you need a head let me know, I have a Ported and Polished Vtec DOHC head that will work... Port/Polish runs usually about 1200 or so at a good shop, I am asking 350 plus shipping for it and you will have basically a new head...It is a bare head, so you would need to build it the way you want, IE: Valves/Springs/Retainers/CAMS etc etc... But man the port/polish and head it's self are the most expensive part! let me know ;)

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
hahaha yah, i meant head, i dont know what i am going to do just yet, i have to fix the exhaust first, and the cold air intake is f**ked up a bit, the sensor that goes into it is all taped up and doesn't have an air tight seal, so it hesitates depending on how much air its letting through. just minor things right now, all the major stuff is descent, but there has been some half assing in the bay so............