b20b..ok swap for my cx?

EG HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im lookin at gettin a swap for my 94 cx hatch..im only 16 and dont have tons of money to buy a b16 or engine like that....i no alot of people r gettin the d16z6,zc engines stuff like that..i was was wondering if a b20b engine would work in my car and also is it a decent engine and can u get bolts on and stuff like that for it? thanks for the help...heres the link to the engine........ http://www.naganojapanese.com/jdm_b20b.htm

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would cost a bout as much to put a b16 in my mind.

I say get a b18b and forget about it.......

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You gotta think of tranny and all that s**t too dude.....

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But what do i know, ive never swapped an engine EVER :(

All i gots is a b16 :(

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sure,

Depending on how long you wanna sit there and watch it collect dust in the corner of your parent's garage while you do some research, buy some tools, source the proper mounts, drive axles, shift linkage, engine hoist...etc...

EG HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol true...but if i was to go to a junkyard and get a ls engine id have no idea if the engine was a pos or not..i no nothin bout engines n stuff like that..im a illiteret..look i can even spell the word rite..lol

Last edited:

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So then whats the diff between a b20 and a b18 if you cant tell if its good or not?

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let me re-phrase that.......whats the point of looking for a swap if you have done no research>?

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok dude, please get the b18b, its lighter, more hp, same torque almost, not complicated to swap, and its only like 100 bucks more!!!!!!!!!

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For a few dollars less and a few headaches less: » Jdm engine : D15B VTEC
» Year : 92-95
» Valve train : SOHC, VTEC, 16 Valve
» Jdm transmission : Hydraulic
» Displacement : 1.5L

» Horsepower : 130 HP
» Torque : 106lbs@5200rpm
» Compression : 9.2:1

» Price : 480.00$ (USD)

You can re-use your cx tranny or go get an EX tranny and ECU from the wrecking yard. You're really only coming up short on torque compared to the B20B. And again if they short you anything you can probably pirate it off your CX or a nice wrecking yard EX.

Take the money you save and apply it towards a decent clutch.

Still got money? tires.

All the power in the world doesn't matter if it doesn't get to the ground.

Last edited:

EG HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think ill jus get the jdm d15b then..cuz i was talkin to my dad bout and he was like why spend a s**t load of money when u no in a couple of yrs ur gunna want somthin diff and in the long run id never get the money out of the car.....thanks for the help

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go head for the B20, You can piece it all together for just under $1500, for everything. I done ITR head, ITR tranny, & B20B & everything to complete swap for 2,600

EG HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to much money for a 16 yr old..would take me like 9 months workin 40hrs a day makin 8 dollars and hour to make 2600

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I said only $1500 for everthing with non vtec b20 & LS tranny, It was $2600 for a B20VTEC With all ITR s**t

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG HB said:
to much money for a 16 yr old..would take me like 9 months workin 40hrs a day makin 8 dollars and hour to make 2600
besides... if you worked that much... you'd have $87600 after 9 months :roll: