Back after 4 years EK4 SiR Sedan

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the likes!

Got me a new pair of Dixcel SD type Rotors but still waiting for my brake pads so the installation will have to wait.

Also will be installing a 3point Fender brace c/o Ultra racing later today. I will snap some pictures of the install.

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Installed Ultra Racing 3point Fender brace. Mixed reviews online about this product. Some say its useless but some say its a better upgrade than a front upper strut bar.

My Initial impressions on the street:

Front end is significantly stiffer in a good way. Its as if all of the vibrations went to the coilovers. My car doesnt creak when i go over a bump or up an elevated path. The most significant difference i felt was in the steering input. Much snappier than without the brace. Before there was a lag in steering input but with the brace once i turn the steering wheel the car follows immediately.

I highly recommend this upgrade!

I will post a track review this coming weekend.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I saw one of those online a while back, cool to see it on a car though. Where did you get yours from are you content with that you paid for it?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beautiful ride! Fender brace huh, never even thought of that, seems like a good upgrade once you've finish the rest of the suspension.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you burnish the brake pads with the new rotors!

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I saw one of those online a while back, cool to see it on a car though. Where did you get yours from are you content with that you paid for it?
Got mine from the local distributor of Ultra Racing here in the Philippines. I know they have a distributor in the US. Its around $120 for the pair.

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beautiful ride! Fender brace huh, never even thought of that, seems like a good upgrade once you've finish the rest of the suspension.
Its a very very good upgrade! I would recommend this over the front upper strut bar. But both would work hand in hand.

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey
Me too not been on this forum since quite some time... DAM i Miss my ek9 sedan :(

BTW where is your front Mugen lip? I kept mine with me,coz I can remember it =)

Lookin good there

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey
Me too not been on this forum since quite some time... DAM i Miss my ek9 sedan :(

BTW where is your front Mugen lip? I kept mine with me,coz I can remember it =)

Lookin good there
I sold my Mugen lip. Its was too low for the roads here in Manila. I was scraping everywhere!

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brake upgrade and Dyno tunning

So i had to replace my 4 year old brake rotors and pads since my EBC's had surface cracks on them. Went ahead and got a set of Dixcel SD slotted rotors and Type ES pads.

Here is the old rotors (don't know if u can see the surface cracks.)

Installing the new rotors

It was so hot outside that my mechanic had to wear a farmers hat. Hahaha

Cleaning the dirty calipers

All clean

Painted with VHT caliper paint in Aluminum cast. Not fond of colored calipers unless its a Brembo or Spoon.

Baking under the hot Sun

Installed

During the brake bleeding process my front right APP steel braided line bursted

Was forced to get new APP lines. Here it is all installed

I bedded them in and i must say they are good brakes!! At par with my old setup which was EBC rotors with Endless MX-72 pads at a fraction of the price.

lestah

Sedan Rulezzzz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dyno day! Had my machine tuned and dynoed the other day. Here are some snaps of the session. Results were a decent 175Whp and 120torque. Pretty good numbers for a stock B16B.

Strapping her down

All set!