BAD !! civic

DEEPImpact2D

its gotta be SPOON!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this weekend my 95 civic dx started to act up.the engine is vibrating hard like their is condensation in the motor but it is not shooting steam out it seems to be burning mad oil but the oil is full its a synthetic.when i let the car idle it fluctuates reving could this be a leaky valvetrain into the combustion chamber which is my only thought and if so how much$$ to fix on estimate :???:

DEEPImpact2D

its gotta be SPOON!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and the motor seized last nite but i got it rollin after a while

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your idle is flucuating, prolly have a vaccum leak somewhere. . . or maybe your throttle body cable is too lose too tight. . .

this is a DX motor?

VTEC2nr

Registered Cockbite
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you check to make sure you're running on all four? The weird vibration is a lot of the time a symptom of running on only 3. I don't know how engine savvy you are, so I'ma explain this in the most basic terms. 1.Start car 2. pop hood 3. pull each plug wire one at a time 4. listen and feel for any changes in engine operation as you pull the plugs 5. if you pull a plug and nothing happens(ie engine doesn't act any stranger than it already does) you've found the source cylinder of the problem. 6. Turn off car 7. remove the plug from that cylinder 8. check for oil, fouling, etc. 9. replace plug and see if it cured the problem.

If the plug comes out oily, you've most likely got a leaky valve seal(since honda piston rings are pretty resistant to frying). If you're to fix this yourself, it'll only cost ya about $20/valve that you replace, $50 for the headgasket, about 4 hours of your time, and maybe $15 for oil and coolant. If you were to take it to a mechanic, I could easily see this costing $400. I kinda went off on a tangent without knowing more information, but try the plug thing and let us know what you find....We'll be able to help you from there.Good luck :thumbs up

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VTEC2nr said:
Did you check to make sure you're running on all four? The weird vibration is a lot of the time a symptom of running on only 3. I don't know how engine savvy you are, so I'ma explain this in the most basic terms. 1.Start car 2. pop hood 3. pull each plug wire one at a time 4. listen and feel for any changes in engine operation as you pull the plugs 5. if you pull a plug and nothing happens(ie engine doesn't act any stranger than it already does) you've found the source cylinder of the problem. 6. Turn off car 7. remove the plug from that cylinder 8. check for oil, fouling, etc. 9. replace plug and see if it cured the problem.

If the plug comes out oily, you've most likely got a leaky valve seal(since honda piston rings are pretty resistant to frying). If you're to fix this yourself, it'll only cost ya about $20/valve that you replace, $50 for the headgasket, about 4 hours of your time, and maybe $15 for oil and coolant. If you were to take it to a mechanic, I could easily see this costing $400. I kinda went off on a tangent without knowing more information, but try the plug thing and let us know what you find....We'll be able to help you from there.Good luck :thumbs up
Do this, it should be a decent learning project if you want to learn!

DEEPImpact2D

its gotta be SPOON!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
me and some friends r goin to play w/it thanks for the help this give a direction to start in for finding the problem

VTEC2nr

Registered Cockbite
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DEEPImpact2D said:
me and some friends r goin to play w/it thanks for the help this give a direction to start in for finding the problem
No prob man...just keep us informed...

DEEPImpact2D

its gotta be SPOON!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
prob the smoke coming out that i thought was oil is anti-freeze the seals in block are leaking anti-freeze into the motor so what should ido?
-fix it
-new motor
-new car :(

VTEC2nr

Registered Cockbite
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you mean the head gasket has gone to s**t, or the main seals?

DEEPImpact2D

its gotta be SPOON!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everthing gaskets and seals are no good my mech said for the new gaskets it would be $200 but i think that is to much, is it?