Bad Door Switch?

tama05

5+ Year Member
I have a question about my 98 EX. Whenever I go to get into my car the light on the roof doesn't come on. I turn it to on and it works, but in the middle for the doors and all the way over for off, it doesn't come on. I checked the wires and they're fine and my fuses are alright so I am wondering if the switches themselves have gone out and need to be replaced. It is annoying getting into my car at night and not being able to see, so I would like to get this fixed. Any suggestions????

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
do you have an aftermarket radio?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
is the factory radio still connected to power in conjunction with the aftermarket radio?

tama05

5+ Year Member
is the factory radio still connected to power in conjunction with the aftermarket radio?
To be honest I am not sure, I will check out it out tomorrow and see what I can find. When the guy installed my radio he said that it was rigged up and he didn't even use a wiring harness to put it in. I plan on moving the cd player to the bottom slot and putting a block off plate with amber clock in like your hatch. Regardless, what if the radio is connected to power in conjuction with the aftermarket radio??

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well ill sell you my clock and block off plate =)

what i was trying to say was the factory radio in 96-98 EX's controls the dome light so if the factory radio isnt connected you will have no dome light when the door opens