Bad quality ebay item: led altezza tail lights

firejackal

5+ Year Member
Just wanted to share my experience with a "96-00 HONDA CIVIC 2DR BLK LED ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS" that I had bought for my EM1. the item was bought from zomkspeed.

the inside tail light part (the part on the trunk) was a very tight fit and wouldn't fit properly unless bent into place while screwing down.

the truck tail lights is only the reverse light. the corner tail lights part is the only part with leds, the trunk part does not.

after a few weeks to a month of owning it the trunk tail lights started to come apart at the edges and the corner tail lights started to get a lot of mist/fog inside, even when not as cold outside.

so there is my experience with this, even through I should of never changed the stock em1 tail lights, it was a lesson learned, I just wanted something with leds in it haha.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea man Ebay lights for the most part are junk... Nothing fits like OEM....

I do have LED smoked tails and I have had no issues with mine... BUT ebay sucks for some things

firejackal

5+ Year Member
UCCRacing, I'm curious where you bought your led smoked tails from?

Also as a note, my buddy bought some led tail lights as well off of a web site that wasn't associated with anything on ebay and when he got the lights they were the exact same ones I got off of ebay. I'll have to get that website address from him to put on here.

emerican

Registered VIP
Ebay lights are known for all of that.
The are foggy because the seals are bad and they are letting moisture in.
I hope you kept the stock lights and can at least put them back

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had altezza ebay tails once, and when I went to replace them with my red/clears, turns out the housing had MELTED and I had to use hulk-like force to remove them. I even turned green.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ haha i hear ya man we have all had stuff we had to use that kind of force on lol. Lucky they didnt do something crazy like set your car on fire man with them melting like that.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL even the ones I got didn't fit great. I had to slowly tighten them as I pushed them in. BUT I think mine look great with a silver car... I am doing a DE-Ricing and I am still unsure if I am going to remove them or not...

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
I have a set of ebay tails on and have the same problem. I jus plan to re-seal them. I asked about them before I bought them and they said they have a 30 day policy for exchanges for water leaking etc. I think i bought from the same company.

firejackal

5+ Year Member
The one thing I just remembered about when I ordered mine was that originally the week after waiting for them I got a message from the shipper saying they received the item cracked and broken so they had to get another one before sending it to me. that should of been an indication to me of the problems. I wish I could custom make my own tail lights and head lights cause that would be sweet, haha.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ i also wish i had that skill. If you want to do it there is a do it yourself for oem black housed headlights on here jsut search it.

d_palapuz

5+ Year Member
yeah, never trust the Altezza brand. I was this close on buying one from outside of town, byt my friends discouraged me. I realize they were right, it looks horrible. One of my friends bought one and it broke after 2 weeks. He had to find an OEM that's not broken on the junk yards.