Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get your alignment checked

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You wheels being out of balance can cause that. My buddies RSX had thrown all the wieghts off of one wheel and did the same thing. Got the tires rebalanced and BINGO!! no vibration. Now if I could only get him rebalanced.

SiLkYsLiM40854

5+ Year Member
loccusst said:
You wheels being out of balance can cause that. My buddies RSX had thrown all the wieghts off of one wheel and did the same thing. Got the tires rebalanced and BINGO!! no vibration. Now if I could only get him rebalanced.
I juss got new tires and i had a balance problem but that was fixed!!! I have my car lowered, can i get my alignment done even if its lowered or do i have to go back to stock height???

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could be a number of things. Best thing to do is have a shop check it.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope...you are stuck with your alignment the way it is when you lower it........jk. Go get it re aligned now that you have lowered it. It is cheaper on the tires.

SiLkYsLiM40854

5+ Year Member
loccusst said:
Nope...you are stuck with your alignment the way it is when you lower it........jk. Go get it re aligned now that you have lowered it. It is cheaper on the tires.
Actually my car is slammed to the ground!!! i cant even get a jack under it!!! will they still do the alignment???

ikillradio

you are having wheel shake because the i forget what they are called but the connectors from the axel to the wheel are bent at an angle because when you lower the car instead of being ---- they are \ tilted and its something you gotta live with but also you can check out alignment to see if that helps.

if you dont get it aligned at your current height if you drop it again after it will be out of alignment.
find a shop that can do it.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it only when you are braking?? if so it could be a few things or only one thing, 1 tire balance, 2 warped brake rotors, 3 warped brake rotors & bad ball joints, 4 rotors & tie rods, i'd start w/ the brakes first cause they are pretty cheap for our cars and go from there

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had this prob. a few times and rotors fixed it. :what:

SiLkYsLiM40854

5+ Year Member
Cod Man said:
I've had this prob. a few times and rotors fixed it. :what:
Aight thanx for all the suggestions i think ill start with the brakes and go from there. Are camber kits expensive??

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no skunk 2 sells them and they are reasonable, but when you install the camber kit, take that to a shop and tell them you have a camber kit installed, and when alignment is performed to take that into consideration.
hope that helps
worked for me

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but to tell you the truth, if you feel the vibration when you brake that is directly proportionate to the disc brakes(front), rotors are the back(totally different from front discs), and if it is when you apply the brakes this is the front, get a new set, and you should be set, but to not wear a hole in your pocket, and in you tires, you should get a camber kit, this is a necessity for a lowered car, you usually get neg. camber when slammed or lowered. but alignment + camber kit = ur set.

SiLkYsLiM40854

5+ Year Member
CiVIcCFAsST said:
but to tell you the truth, if you feel the vibration when you brake that is directly proportionate to the disc brakes(front), rotors are the back(totally different from front discs), and if it is when you apply the brakes this is the front, get a new set, and you should be set, but to not wear a hole in your pocket, and in you tires, you should get a camber kit, this is a necessity for a lowered car, you usually get neg. camber when slammed or lowered. but alignment + camber kit = ur set.
Ok i got it...... The past 2 days when i back out my garage when im reversing and i turn my wheel to the left i hear a clunk sounds like somethin is loose!!! I recently installed a used zc motor and when i put it back all together it all went well . I made sure i tightened all the nuts and put all cotter pins in place!!! Any suggestions to what im hearin?????

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had the clunk sound when I turned my wheel to the right. I had to get my axle rebuilt because the sound you are hearing is your cv axle. Get it taken care of and get that camber kit. Cost me 250 to have it rebuilt, I know all you guys are gonna say you should have done it yourself but you cant really work on your car like that in an apartment parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.