NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
how about we make this easy.. instead of nominating people.. who may or may not even want to participate.. i think it would be easier if you are interested and you have images that you think would fit well feel free to PM them to me or Jay Jay... we are not going to suddenly add a hundred cars up there.. but there will definately at least be a few more added.. = )

i just dont want this to turn into who thinks who should be there and someone else disagrees and thinks he should be there.. and is then bitter because his pictures are good enough and the others are not kind of thing.. thats all..
I'm not asking for them to just have phoots thrown up ther. Of course I'd expect the members to ok the move and possibly even see if they can take better photos.

I mean, we aren't going to have a lot of cars that are decent and have photos that would work... so that's why I suggested it that way.

It's like... okay, thing about the cars on the site that you think might look good in a banner... Now think about how many of those people have appropriate photos to use for the banners. Not very many people have photos that would work... not even depending on the car... just depending on the shots. That's why I suggested a few people who I thought might okay it.

I'm not asking to just steal their photos and throw them up there.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i think it should be past rotm winners/ car show winners only. imo

hmm i think that i agree with that as well...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I'm not asking for them to just have phoots thrown up ther. Of course I'd expect the members to ok the move and possibly even see if they can take better photos.

I mean, we aren't going to have a lot of cars that are decent and have photos that would work... so that's why I suggested it that way.
i understand.. but i also think it just being featured cars is a good idea as well..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are the cars up there right now all featured cars?

I don't think we should limit it that much. This is a way to bring peopel who aren't Ride of the Month feel like they're also helping the site and being a part of the site.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just for the record it wasnt my idea
King Bob said:
I really like the car show winner Idea, its kinda like a prize.
itsmycookie said:
well the car show idea is because the cars that CC thinks are the best get to be in the banners.
96 DX Hatch said:
contest wieners make sense to be up there
;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
just for the record it wasnt my idea

;)

i like your idea to have it be featured cars :oh:

:P ;)

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uh Oh looks like my time up their may be ending. :D

It's all good though, it was an honor to have been one of the cars in the banner and I understand people like to change it up. :thumbs up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wasn't asking for any of the current ones to be removed of course. Just add more.

I don't agree that only featured rides should be up there because I think this could be another way for peopel to interact with the site without being a featured car. Remember that in order to be a featured car you're probbaly going to need a certain amount of performance and honestly I don't think a car need anythign more than just looking good in order to be on the banner.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I don't think a car need anythign more than just looking good in order to be on the banner.
:werd: lol

cause i sure as hell dont have any real performance mods...

NycFox either lmao!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm...I don't remember giving permission to use my photos :oh:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jezek said:
hmm...I don't remember giving permission to use my photos :oh:
Was yours really up there before? I don't remember seeing it. I remember seeing it on eBay and stuff before of course.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, my hatch was up for a while...but then they accused me of that b.s. and took it down when I left the site.

I was just being a jerk though, in reference to Danny and Jareds pics that Justin used as banners.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Jezek said:
Yeah, my hatch was up for a while...but then they accused me of that b.s. and took it down when I left the site.

I was just being a jerk though, in reference to Danny and Jareds pics that Justin used as banners.
Sorry man. Danny emailed me the pics asking to use them up there, figured he had your permission. If you don't want them up there just let me know.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's no problem justin, I have nothing agaisnt you :thumbup:

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all of 'em look nice. wouldn't mind seeing mine up there =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have no problem with the ones up there now. I just think it'd be niec to see more variation.

I vote again for adding a 4G and 7G. I'd mention 8G too... but well, there;s not many that have many mods. I'd have to go look around in 8G. Maybe there's a few that looks good with a few exterior mods.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not quite sure why you would bump this.