Baro Sensor????

massivespeed

Massive Speed System
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys hopefully someone can help me. i got a 4g4d and it threw a code 13 this am, which i looked up as being the baro sensor? where the hell is that located? and is it gonna be ok to drive with that code flashing?
dave
also...is it possible to put a d16 head on a d15 block?
thanks again...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
code 13 stand for atmospheric pressure, it just means you have a defective baro sensor, but it doesn't sound good, but just check to see if it may be a loose connection at the plug, and yes you can put a d16 head on a d15.

Last edited:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
your car is an automatic?
so what's your point.

mugen_pete

"PRICKMiCETER"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
that only automatics have those sensors and if his car is a 5 speed then he is mis reading the code

ahh no, my homes had a dx manual and his chk eng light flashes 13 ...baro/amospheric sensor.......it means he needs a new ecu cause that one is messed up....do a search for baro sensor in the 5th gen forum and u will find out what i found out and had it confirmed by the mad scientist............................ just change the ecu....goodluck

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
this requires me to do some investigating at work tomorrow.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
return you kick ass, great to here from ya.

mugen_pete said:
ahh no, my homes had a dx manual and his chk eng light flashes 13 ...baro/amospheric sensor.......it means he needs a new ecu cause that one is messed up....do a search for baro sensor in the 5th gen forum and u will find out what i found out and had it confirmed by the mad scientist............................ just change the ecu....goodluck

exactly the ECU IS BAD BECAUSE 5 SPEEDS DO NOT HAVE BAROMETRIC SENSORS jesus joseph and mary

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
exactly the ECU IS BAD BECAUSE 5 SPEEDS DO NOT HAVE BAROMETRIC SENSORS jesus joseph and mary
i nolonger doubt your werd, LOL.

massivespeed

Massive Speed System
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wel f**k it then im jst gonnad rive on it till i get my new ecu, this weekend....
thanks guys

massivespeed

Massive Speed System
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
massivespeed said:
wel f**k it then im jst gonnad rive on it till i get my new ecu, this weekend....
thanks guys
1989 civic lx's DO have a baro sensor, i just unplugged the ecu, waited 2 mins and now its fine....