Battery in the trunk?

tjsonowk

I have a 2008 Civic sedan that I'm setting up for street use only, but I want performancee. During a recent cold air induction installation I ran into a tight battery setup. I was planning on installing a larger battery to handle some extra equipment. Currently that won't happen. Has anybody placed a battery in the trunk, in a battery box? I would think the balance would be better. I realize that I would need to increase the size of the wire and take proper precautions to protect the wire, whether it's run inside or under the car.Is it worth the effort?
Thanks,
Tom Johnson

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just make sure you get a good box that is sealed and vented to outside of the car and that you can mount it securely. I've only used a Taylor aluminum box in my ACR Neon in the trunk. I had to drill 2 holes through the trunk to secure it properly. It was nice and functional for my rally car, just not very, um, I guess flashy or fancy looking lol

As far as performance, it's not noticeable esp for a street car. If the reason you're getting a larger battery is to handle a larger load from a stereo or w/e, the weight from those components will just worsen over all performance. Can't expect performance to get better if you're adding a lot of weight.