Battery light coming on... need help

lizic

5+ Year Member
I have a 2003 civic lx and the battery light was coming on so I had the charging system checked out by autozone and I needed a new battery and possibly alternator. I bought a new battery and the alternator was not giving out any juice so I also bought an alternator. After installing the new alternator, there was no problem yesterday. My girlfriend took the car to work and said the battery light would flash on for a brief second every once in awhile. What could be causing this issue? I cleaned the battery lugs before the new battery was installed and all the wire connections for the alternator looked brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a similar problem. My battery light goes on and off whenever it feels like it. You can always get rid of the battery light itself by removing the bulb. You need to disassemble your cluster for that.

lizic

5+ Year Member
Fuse seems to be alright... any other suggestions?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive heard that new alternators need to get broken in and they will sometimes do what your talking about so give it some time it mite stop flashing.