battery light keeps flickering

PacoEF

i have a 1990 Honda Civic Hatchback, Manual 4 speed.
when it's cold, the batter light doesn't come on at all.
but once i begin to do my daily driving and the engine has had time to warm up ... it begins to flicker on and off as i go through my gears and such.

also i have an idol problem, when my car is warm or has been idoling for a while its idols up and stops, idols up and stops, it's like a vrrrrRRRR pffft, vvvrrrrRRRR pffftt. LOL =P

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any CEL's??

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check Engine Light

[P1] HeadGasket

_check the cells_
the two tabs on the top of your battery pop them off and check the water level there should be wholes and what not
if low (as in not full) fill them up with water without soaking everything else then reseal them

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have your alternator tested....Also, check the LED on the ECU for any flashing codes...(located under passenger side dash)

PacoEF

heh, well ... my batter has water in it :???:
i checked all vacuum cables and replaced two.
the hose coming out from the left side of the head, just next to the cylinders to drain antifreeze was bubbled. but that wouldn't have anything to do with the idle speed
the hose coming from the top of the intake manifold down into (what, i have no idea) was broken do to i'm guessing wet, dry, hot and cold conditions of the hose.

does anyone know what that hose is for? i'll take a pic soon. i'd just like to know what it's for.
it's in the center of the intake manifold. comes off of what i'm guessing is an exhaust regulator. has a little spring inside of it. but it goes straight back down under the intake manifold.

(still trying to figure out the idol speed. i started in second gear at 10mph at the end of my road and got to 20mph within less than 50 yrds :()