Battery light on cluster came on, HELP!!!!

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I was on my way to work yesterday and the battery light came on, then I pull over to see if there was any problem with any wire, but no luck then I went back in the car and rev up to 4k then the light turn off, get to work fine with no problems, then in my way back I turn on the car and the ligth was there again try reving up to 4k again and no luck, keep reving up to 5k then went off, but then I let go the pedal and light come back, now I'm affraid to get stuck in the middle of the road and getting frustrated like I'm now, any one knows what is wrong with the car? , by the way the battery is only like 10 months old, check the fluid and wires, also fuses, what could it be? bad alternator?
thanks for the imput guys.....

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes might be the alternator make sure your alt belt is tight if your by a near autozone they have the batt/ alt tester should tell you your problem had same problem light came on check engine and sure enough the belt was loose....

Contender25

1993 Civic DX hatchback
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. Make sure you check you're alternator fuse, under dash panel, see if it is blown, easy to do.
2. Make sure you have the right tension on the belt.
3. If you're battery is still new then it is most likely you're alternator if you don't know how old it is, or if it IS really old. :|
4. Take it to autozone or you're local car auto parts store, they should come outside and do a charging system test for free.
5.My moms hatch just had the same problem a week ago, and her battery is DEFinetly still new, so the alternator looked old as hell, so i changed it and found it to be that was the problem, runs fine now drives great, the headlights are brighter and everything of course, and her battery light went off soon as she started it.
6. If you do need a new alternator, always take you're battery to be charged FULLY, before starting the car with the NEW alternator, otherwise it will not start at all, if it does then it will kill the new alternator.
7. The new alternator, from where ever you get it, should come with instructions to tell you all this stuff, even a little kid could figure it out, if you got any more questions let me know, i'll do my best to answer them. ;) =)

PavementPounder

5+ Year Member
Make sure your battery is also properly charged, and not defective... then goto these
Drivebelt defective or out of adjustment
Voltage reg not functioning properly
Faulty charging circuit or altenator

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ok guys I went to thru the helms manual and found out that it was the voltage regulator, so i change the whole f*ing thing, 160.00 bucks fron autozone......damn...

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oh yeah and mods please close this thread, problem solve.