BATTERY light ON

Maz

Dear Civic Fellas.

I needs everybodys help, i was driving my civic today and all of sudden i see the the batter light on , on the dashboard, stop and check the terminals wich are tight, i m frequently running AC its hot in FL no major load on battery.

I dont understand whats going on , is my altenator dying ? I am taking it to sams club where i bought the battery a month ago there they do the alternator check if its running to its full capacity.

Please adive.

Thanks fellas

CDubs

Registered VIP
yeah alt....a few days after i bought mine my light would go on after a few minutes of driving so i found out it was my alt...bought it with a brand new battery the guy showed me the recipt from 2 days before i bought the car so seems like same problem as mine

Maz

appreciate fellas bought a new alt, n while driving alt belt fell on da road...

CDubs

Registered VIP
ouch that sucks, sorry to hear that good luck with the alt its a b***h (i thought it was) to replace

Deadswitch

an easy test for your alternator is to put a multimeter on your battery with the car off and see what voltage you have, then turn the car on and see what your voltage reads, if your alternator is good then the voltage will go up

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha..same problem like my bros, he was running hella fast and battery light came on...i checked it out
for him and it was his belt! gone! lol