battery

mr.nieto

i got a d16z6 and its got a stock battery...i wanna put a system in it but was wondering if the battery will do fine or would i need a new one? or wat would u recomend?

Gunner

Registered VIP
Depends on the size of your system. Battery should be fine.. i have run many systems off stock batteries..but if you start throwing 2 or 3 high wattage amps you are gonna need a cap and or a second battery.. I have run a 1k watt amp and two twelves on a stock battery in an 86 toyota pickup..my 91 crx had the same system on stock battery.

mr.nieto

im ganna use 1 amp for now but i kno later ganna add a secnd amp for the frnt n rear speakers...like the batry looks small thats y n idk if it will handle it and i wanna make suresub b good first or frnt n rear speakrs

Gunner

Registered VIP
IMO you should be ok. If you hook up your system and the lights dim when the bass hits then the battery is not good enough LOL. You should be able to hook up two amps...the second one for your smaller speakers i imagine wont be a large amp. I would do your subs first and see how it goes.

Brando312

5+ Year Member
Always have ran the systems I have done in the past on stock batteries and mine is on a stock one so you should be fine unless you are going to buy a ridiculous system.

DiverDown

Is it smaller than this?

The day after I bought my '01 the stock battery pooped the bed (luckily, in front of autozone). So I put this one in. It's running a 500W RMS amp right now with nearly no headlight dimming, even when the subs go from not playing to full drop. You shouldn't have a problem unless you're REALLY pushing it, but two reasonably sized amps should be alright. Mine was $90, so if you're worried, take the hit. Bigger problem will probably end up being bottlenecking in the wiring or the alternator if it becomes that much of an issue.

Don't bother with a cap, unless you want to cut headlight dimming. But even then, just get HIDs and problem solved!

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stock batteries should be able to handle a decent radio system setup.