Before I buy...

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 1996 civic lx I am to buy this afternoon has some cosmetic issues. Inside, the plastic "cubby" hole next to the stereo has a missing corner, the drink holder cover will not stay down, the hood release plastic piece broke off(though the piece is still in the car), the driver's head rest foam is messed up, the car needs a new rear bumper and the passenger taillight is cracked. The rest of the car is pretty damn clean. I'll be taking it to a mechanic in the area for an inspection. It has 161xxx miles, a smooth-shifting 5 speed, all the records, a/c, and pretty solid paint all around. It runs quite nicely. I talked him down to $2500. Do you think that's too much? Any idea on where I can find those interior pieces?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow...$2,500 seems a lot to me with all of that stuff wrong with it.

I got mine for $3,000 with 100,000mi's on it.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
2500 sounds pretty good to me if the exterior is in good shape. interior pieces aren't that expensive, just be ready when somebody turns up parting one out or a good one gets to the junkyard.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
12 year old car with a handful of things wrong with it, and depending on miles, i say $2200 would be suitable

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that's what I've been thinking, but it ran so smooth and the bumper can be replaced relatively cheaply. The dude isn't calling me back though. I'm kind of pissed.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok well he now wants 2800, the original asking price, even though he said he'd sell me the car for 2500 and we shook on it. He's like " I can certainly use the extra money" and so now i dont know. The car has pretty nice paint and the engine seriously was flawless. Opinions? Anyone?

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tell him to forget it and look for something else....you can probably find a better deal and if not I am sure he will be calling you back in a week or so begging you to come and take the car for $2500 which is when you offer him 2k and tell him take it or leave it.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well now he doesnt have the title. I told him to call me when he got the title. I'm not buying a car without the title. I technically can't.