Best Basic Upgrades for 8th gen si???

jmb040887

5+ Year Member
I wanted some opinions on the best cold air intake, headers and exhaust for a 2006 civic si??? What else would be a good upgrade for a bit more horsepower???

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
intake manifold should be on on your list and it's header not headers you only got one

jmb040887

5+ Year Member
Ya I know it was late when I wrote that. Anyway what's the best of the best for intake header exhaust and manifold for 06 civic si??

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i say go with skunk2 on the intake manifold as for the header,intake,exhaust just do a search here it's been covered at least 1000 times already

sixersfan64

5+ Year Member
dude can u stop making like multiple posts "omg whats the best header" "whats the best exhaust" "whats the best intake" use the search button. or make it all into one big thread. this is just retarded.

and its header. not headers.

this topic has been covered 100048258920582 times.

jmb040887

5+ Year Member
Nope I wont stop by the way. People are giving me their opinions and thats exactly what I want. There is a guy like you on every forum out in the world. Corrects spelling and gets all worked up. If you don't like my posts, simply don't read them. It's pretty much that easy. Go plan something cute to say back. In conclusion, it's been real.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope I wont stop by the way. People are giving me their opinions and thats exactly what I want. There is a guy like you on every forum out in the world. Corrects spelling and gets all worked up. If you don't like my posts, simply don't read them. It's pretty much that easy. Go plan something cute to say back. In conclusion, it's been real.

Owned.

Ineed6speed

5+ Year Member
The best bang for your buck is going to be a race header. Do you not upgrade your intake manifold. The new SI's IM is great already and you can use the money in better ways.

02civicsi02

5+ Year Member
The best things to get in my opinion i have been through alot of parts and seen alot of dyno number on different parts. For the intake i say go with a 3" short ram intake it gives the same as cold air intake and dont have to worry bout hydro locking your motor and with cold air intake you will be cleaning your iacv alot. So the aem v2 short ram intake is my vote.

For the header i say get race reader, my vote for this is the j's racing race header or the dc sport race header. The exhaust i would assume that you would want good power gains and also to be quite so it will not catch much attention and i would say get the Apexi ws2.

And on the intake manifold do not get that junk2 bull crap it has proven nothing on the k series motors. The skunk2 manifold showed very little gains from stock. The rbc manifold has been proven better on all parts. Plus the skunk2 mani is 500 and the rbc is 200, so do you want a manifold for 500 that doesnt do anything or one that is 200 and proven way better. I say go with the RBC manifold.

Kjeldor

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For intake def dont get a short ram. All short rams suck in air from where the exhaust manifold is. While the car is moving u might get some "cool air" but while idling u will just get hot air. I've heard of people experiencing bogging problems as well. I say get something that has a scoop that goes to where the fender well area is. Companies are like T1R, Mugen, M&M. They are all very expensinve, but if u want you could just use ur stock intake piping and just cut the resonator in half and its almost the exact same thing :D

If you really want to get a Intake Manifold, get the RRC hands down, Its from the CTR and makes great power, HMO sells them for about 370 i believe.

As for a header i would suggest skunk2 megapower. Great gains but cost around 700. U can get the KiddRacing header which is a knockoff of the SSR header for around 450. Assembly is a PITA but makes great power for what its worth. Also has a 2.5" collector which is a plus :thumbs up

Exhuast is pretty much up to you. Skunk2 70mm is loud as F*ck but makes power combined with everything above. I have the greddy SP2 with my RH and love the way it sounds. Not loud at all. Apexi ws2 or noir.

96EJ6EX

DC Header, PasswordJDM Intake, Hondata FlashPro, Skunk 2 Exhaust. That's the way to go. You'll see a 50hp increase at most.

oh_so_low

Stay away from dc and strup headers.. they have issues with the flexpipe cracking. Unless you have motor mounts

jdmsam.

tuning solutions are not too bad in pricing. You'll get rid of throttle lag, and get more out of your mods, and run safer. I say add flashpro or accessport on your list.