best coilover options 1997 civic hatchback

nextproject97

5+ Year Member
Best coilover options 1997 civic hatchback?

I have a 1997 civic hatchback and am looking at coilovers I want coilovers with adjustable shocks so I can adjust the ride I have been looking at three in particular 1)Skunk 2 pro c or pro s 2) Tokico Illuminas and 3) tein ss can you guys enlighten me on this I dont wanna spend 600 and be sorry I would rather spend 1100 and be happy . I don't race the car at the track just street /spirited driving .

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tokico illuminas arent coilovers. just struts. the skunk2's seem to be popular. you could always go with the Ground Control/Koni yellow combo. that seems to be very popular. or i have function and form and i love them.

Nirinium

Fully built spoon motors!
5+ Year Member
tokico illuminas arent coilovers. just struts. the skunk2's seem to be popular. you could always go with the Ground Control/Koni yellow combo. that seems to be very popular. or i have function and form and i love them.
:word:

jason.az1

Jasonaz1-Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buddyclubs are awsome coilovers but there $$$$

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had koni yellows on a vw golf vr6 i used to have and they were great for street and track racing. as for coilovers, i have ebays on my 98 hatch but i need new struts so i dont know about the ride with good struts but the ebay coils seem to be strong. but bad struts are keeping me from getting there full potention (which ive been told isnt much). ground control or dropzone i hear are good.

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
function and form is really good in my opinion. i haven't had any problems.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would pick skunk2 or tien if i have the money

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how about vspec coilovers? i know nothing about them i have heard about them though.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eBay coilovers are crap, they sell for $40....

You can get plenty of good coilovers for around $1,000.

nextproject97

5+ Year Member
coilovers

Well I knew I would get a few different opinions . I am thinking skunk 2 s' so far but have not committed to anything yet I appreciate all the input keep it coming

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im switching from skunk2 Pro-s over to buddy club N+.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have some Buddy Club N+ Spec's for sale. I had them on my car not even 3 weeks before it was totaled. Have the BC PillowMounts as well. PM me if you are interested.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member