best cold air intakes for 2002 civics

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the cheapest intake would be the best as you are not going to yield alot more hp from a name brand

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
racerx661 said:
the cheapest intake would be the best as you are not going to yield alot more hp from a name brand

it's not that it's a name brand (iceman), it's that the tubing for the ICEMAN CAI's are a hard industrial plastic, rather than a aluminum or steel or whatever metal. i live in florida and you'd think that most people would choose ICEMAN CAI's...you feel me?

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You start a lot threads :/

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live in SoCal and I would choose a aluminum short ram....iceman and volant are good intakes but a waste of your hard earned dough

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
You start a lot threads :/

yes i do :thumbs up it's all about the civic family son!...much luv! no but 4real, would an AEM CAI be good for someone living in florida?...AKA hell!

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol. FL or TX, doesn't really matter. If you go with AEM, go with V2.

LC2ner

5+ Year Member
Its all about preference. As many have said before, just get what you prefer. Obviously, you prefer ICEMAN. I prefered AEM V2, so thats what I got. Seriously, you do start a lot of threads, and while I like to see new threads on the 7th gen, they just take some searching and forethought... Not trying to rip into you, just tired of repetetive threads.

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LC2ner said:
Its all about preference. As many have said before, just get what you prefer. Obviously, you prefer ICEMAN. I prefered AEM V2, so thats what I got. Seriously, you do start a lot of threads, and while I like to see new threads on the 7th gen, they just take some searching and forethought... Not trying to rip into you, just tired of repetetive threads.

ok, sorry for the same thread. don't worry, i have LOTS of questions. AEM V2 is one of my choices i'd consider. i just wanna make friends here and get alot smarter about my car...i'm not trying to be better than anyone else in here. just making new friends that can help me with my car cause they have the same car. thats all. but yeah, i dig AEM V2 actually, so maybe i'll go with one of those...i just thought that it mattered about which CAI to get for which weather state you live in...

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you guys just install them and thats it? or did you RE-MAP your intake system?

LC2ner

5+ Year Member
Za0G13 said:
did you guys just install them and thats it? or did you RE-MAP your intake system?
No. The only thing you would have to do is maybe reset your computer by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. I didnt have to but some people have needed to.

As far as trying to figure out which is best, theres about a new thread every two weeks or so. They are all going to give you the same amount of hp (not a lot). Its all about what brand you want, what your goal is, and how much you want to spend. I chose the V2 because I didnt want to get a cold air for water purposes, and I didnt mind paying an extra 100 for the potential of added performance. Plus, no one around here had one, so I decided to be the first. On my last car, I went with the Injen cause it looked the best. You just have to decided why you want it and then what you want...

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Za0G13 said:
it's not that it's a name brand (iceman), it's that the tubing for the ICEMAN CAI's are a hard industrial plastic, rather than a aluminum or steel or whatever metal. i live in florida and you'd think that most people would choose ICEMAN CAI's...you feel me?
I agree with racerx661, all intakes work the same....use a little creativity, just because the intake is made of metal doesn't mean you can't prevent it from heating up due to the engine. do what i did, get some insulator and wrap it, it's ghetto but it gets the job done cheap. plus when it's summer, your cai is still going to be sucking up warm air, so it's not like it's going to be big a difference....fyi, there's probably a good reason why your thread got closed.

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
I agree with racerx661, all intakes work the same....use a little creativity, just because the intake is made of metal doesn't mean you can't prevent it from heating up due to the engine. do what i did, get some insulator and wrap it, it's ghetto but it gets the job done cheap. plus when it's summer, your cai is still going to be sucking up warm air, so it's not like it's going to be big a difference....fyi, there's probably a good reason why your thread got closed.

HAHAHA, YEAH, but umm, ok, AEM seems to be really popular and really cool looking and 250 dollars isn't much to spend on a badass cold air intake. ok. anyone of you guys have a good site that has free shipping that i could go to, to order online?

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all intakes DO work the same. It's all about which sticker you want on your intake pipe.

Hey LC2ner, could you snap a couple pictures of your V2? I wanna see what it looks like under the hood of 7th gen

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
all intakes DO work the same. It's all about which sticker you want on your intake pipe.

Hey LC2ner, could you snap a couple pictures of your V2? I wanna see what it looks like under the hood of 7th gen

i got you, what do you mean by sticker? you mean the logo of the brand?

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Za0G13 said:
HAHAHA, YEAH, but umm, ok, AEM seems to be really popular and really cool looking and 250 dollars isn't much to spend on a badass cold air intake. ok. anyone of you guys have a good site that has free shipping that i could go to, to order online?
250 isnt much to spend? wow, what a world you live in...how about you give me $250 and I'll get you an intake that's coated and has an aem sticker on it. it would only cost me what, 60 bucks? you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
250 isnt much to spend? wow, what a world you live in...how about you give me $250 and I'll get you an intake that's coated and has an aem sticker on it. it would only cost me what, 60 bucks? you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

what do you mean i don't know what i'm talking about? aren't i going to have to pay atleast 235 dollars for an AEM cold air intake brand new?...i'm willing to pay that much...unless you can get it cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.