Best engine swap

Satara

Ok, so ive seen this questioned asked plenty of times on all the newer models, but I havent been able to find anything on the 4th gen civic dx 5 speed d15b7 engine. The car has roughly ove 240xxx miles on it so its time for an over haul, however where to go from here is the question. I want to make it stronger, better, faster. I plan on using it as a daily driver and maybe every now and then have fun racing it. I was thinking of doing a rebuild and a turbo but thats looking like a long shot. What would be the best engine for an engine swap? And where would be the best place to look for a entirely new set up for said engine.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmotorsonline.com

Top 3 for ef chassis in my humble opinion
1. B16a
2. B18a
3. DOHC ZC

N/a all day.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What does N/A mean?
What he said ^^^ all motor basically, no forced induction (turbo, supercharger) just building the motor to achieve higher power goals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Satara

So for a daily user and every now ant then racing, is n/a or turbo better?

Im reading that the b16a gives out 160 hp @ 7600 rpm and the b18a gives off 130 @ 6000. If this is accurate, would the b18 be the better choice for an engine swap with more room to add on hp at a later date?

Last edited by a moderator:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B18 is a better turbo engine right off the bat. But they both handle forced induction well and do even better if built up. It really depends on how much money ya got and how deep u wanna go...

Satara

Always believed in going big or going home, so in this case going deep is the only option. Have a feeling though the b18a wont smoothly fit into a d15b mount. Looking it up as we speak, so to say.

Satara

So ive looked and looked and looked and cant find squat on the mounts. Can anyone tell me the difference in the b18a mounts to d15b? My gut says ill have to do some readjusting to get it to fit but a confirmation and some knowledge of how much adjusting will be greatly appreciated.

Aldwin.

So ive looked and looked and looked and cant find squat on the mounts. Can anyone tell me the difference in the b18a mounts to d15b? My gut says ill have to do some readjusting to get it to fit but a confirmation and some knowledge of how much adjusting will be greatly appreciated.
A lot of those mounts are custom made. Or they'll take a mount that fits for that motor and weld it into your engine bay.

Satara

Ok, so I manage to find a used b18a engine complete for 300, beside the mounts, is there anything else im going to have to switch? Such as my tranny, gauges, or wiring harness. Ik im asking a lot of questions and I apologize, but this is my first swap. Ive done rebuilds before but this is different.

Satara

And besides the name whats the difference in the b18 for the honda and the b18 for the acura?