best engine?

bmac9269

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a d16 right now and am wanting to swap it in the future and turbo in the future, however im wondering what are some of the fastest engine that fit into the engine bay? with 200 ish hp or more. thanks!

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
probably an H22. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

si_3D

yea thats good but check out the h to b adapter for h22 i think bizimoto has the adapter thats quick

bossman24

i dont like the h22 i would go with the b18 c ...this integra engine is alot lighter and will fit easier.......think about it do u really want the h22 when you only get like 10 more hp but it weighs liike ALOT more ...so basically is it worth the extra weight for 10 hp......?

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've been warned H series transmissions are not too good..

Thats why bisi made produced a adapter kit (along with others) that fits a B series transmission to the H series motor..

pretty good pairing if you ask me....

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
H22's aren't a great choice if you want to boost.

Swap in whatever you want. You have plenty of options to choose from once you get an engine in. IMO, I'd recommend a K20A2, K24/K20, CRVTEC or LS/VTEC.

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think a k24 boosted would yield more power then an H22 IMO...if you wanna get real crazy swap a j32

khmaiboiremix

EM1 FNR CUSTOMS
i dont like the h22 i would go with the b18 c ...this integra engine is alot lighter and will fit easier.......think about it do u really want the h22 when you only get like 10 more hp but it weighs liike ALOT more ...so basically is it worth the extra weight for 10 hp......?
i agree then you can boost the living sh@# out of it i mean or if you want a all motor that can rape turbos sometime then get a b20/vtech sorry if its off subject. but my friends b20/vtech whooped a eagle talon wit a evo turbo.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you got mad money to spend i say either go k series, f series or j series with boost and you will f*cking own. otherwise id say just stick to a b series

civic0918

Registered VIP
All engine's are endless options man. A d if done right turbo and boost could hit 200. B series is my fav but i never had a k so i cant say for sure. The h is nice but the prelude i drove just wasnt as quick as my old b18 civic. It all depends on what else you do with the engine. I personally always done a clutch and fly wheel at the same time as swap.

haphazard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i litttle bit of work and a good turbo will get u around 200 h.p. on you d16. not sure if u plan on keeping the d but many people have put down some good #s with a turbo d :???:

bizak

My friends hatch with a d16 turbo and a bit of engine mods, took my 87 Supra turbo stock all the way up to 100mph then I came around.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stay away from the b20(crvtec) the block is junk...The b18 will give you more tq/hp but you lose some rpms...the K is def nice but for the $ you can build a crazy b16/18....I'd stick B series....they belong in a 6th gen!!

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i litttle bit of work and a good turbo will get u around 200 h.p. on you d16. not sure if u plan on keeping the d but many people have put down some good #s with a turbo d :???:
Uh, you guys are seriously underestimating D-series engines. A D-series can do over 200 on stock internals.

OP, if you wouldn't mind boosting, turbocharging your current motor would be the cheapest was to 200 HP.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anyone with a brain could say that a boosted engine is faster than stock. H22s really arent that much heavier than b series motors like said previously, I'd stay away from a b20 with boost.

demarcuspz

5+ Year Member
Lol , you guys are trying to kill his wallet ha, well if u got it go for the k24 but if u like me and are an average guy, go for a b series i'd say and save the money for I/h/e fuel injec, suspension, the whole 9 yards u kno ha