Best flywheel with boost

Dustyem1

5+ Year Member
whats the best weight flywheel to run on a boost B16a2

sum peps have said that the oem is best is this true?

AngelMR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i been reading a lot and people said oem

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
meh...i have a 7lb fidanza on my boosted Z6 runnin a 57 trim t3/t4 and i have no problems what so ever

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm running a OEM on my B16a2 and it's just fine running 10 pounds of boost and it's perfect

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres no correct answer. you will find 6 of one and a half dozen of another. period. i like 7lbs.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had stock, 7lb and now 8.5lb.... lighter the acceleration is faster but lighter the rpm drops quicker and i believe gas mileage goes down too..... and also rumor has it u can shatter a lighter flywheel

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had stock, 7lb and now 8.5lb.... lighter the acceleration is faster but lighter the rpm drops quicker and i believe gas mileage goes down too..... and also rumor has it u can shatter a lighter flywheel
That is why most people say lighter flywheels are bad and also that they lose inertia when you go lighter.

i love my 12lb ACT. its the perfect medium

-Luke
Me too. I run a 12lb LSD Motorsports flywheel and I can say it made a difference in making boost a little quicker.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea also when u put the clutch in.... the revs drops too low for me and sometimes would even stall out on me.... i think alil lighter than stock would be ok 12-16 lbs should be fine