Best K24A8 platform: Civic or Accord?

Awright1994

Hello, First a bit of introduction:

My name is Austin and you can address me this way as well. I was in this forum years ago with my 91 civic, as well as clubintegra with my 89 teg.

Now for the actual thread

I'm looking into doing a build either civic or accord.

Now heres what I have in mind starting with the shell
I will strip it of everything, have it sand blasted, get any dents dings and rust repaired and have the shell painted, midnight blue is the color im leaning towards.

put the shell back together starting with the suspension, since I am here might as well do all new wiring.

Source like-new interior: dash, cluster, A&B pillars etc.

ECU: Hondata s300

Now for power:
K24a8 fully built with all the forged goodies with stage 3 cams and ported polished head.

Garrett turbo: Havent decided which one (bov and turbo controller)

Air filter would be an AEM SRI so it stays under the hood and not potentially suck in water. I plan on doing this 100% to where even factory splash guards and skid plates are installed on the vehicle. (Possibly even quick disconnects so I can easily remove when needed)

Trans would be from KMOD as it seems to be the best option paired with a stage 3 clutch

Exhaust: Full set up with resonators and mufflers just because I dont want it to be extremely loud but at the same time it needs to breathe, so I might need to split it off with a Y pipe and do dual exit purely for flow.

A/C and heat would definitely have to be installed and working since I live in Texas

Power steering would be electronic. Save room in the old engine bay

Rims: haven't chose the style or brand yet but they will be black with the red lip and the calipers while be paint matched to the cars midnight blue paintjob

Suspension: Koni Yellows or tein coilovers

Now my dilema here is choosing the right platform. Because while I am going to do the engine build I need to have the car purchased and ofcourse sent off to get media blasted, repaired, and painted at that point. Once the car is ready to be put all back together the engine will be close to being finished.

I have access to alldata so I will be able to see how everything is supposed to go back together plus plenty of pictures and labelling so that Ill be able to see where the things go(Because after a few months without the car I will definitely forget how everything lines up...)

So my question is what platforms would you suggest, I am still doing plenty of research before even biting the bullet on anything. Really looking for hatchbacks but will consider all of them. The k24 and the trans have to sit low enough for the hood to close properly and high enough for all the splash and skidplates to bolt on to factory mounting points.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What model year range of Civics & Accords do you have in mind? Narrowing that down will help with receiving suggestions.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Just as a heads up, with most of these setups, if you plan on turbocharing the car, no need for a SRI. The intercooler piping will replace. Depending on where the turbo sits in the bay you might need some custom piping with a filter on the end, but I doubt an AEM intake would fit naturally.

skinny

This is a valuable note! My colleague is trying to do the same thing - insists on SRI. I will tell him about this intercooler piping!