JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just throw in Quaker State 10W40

Rayz_Si

Rebel-Outlaws Boss
5+ Year Member
QS 10w40?? Whaaaaa!!! It\s too cold for such thick oil man! That's used for oil burnin V8's!! I am am a Auto Technician for 10years and unless I am retarded that 10w40 is NG for your motor unless you are burning oil like a 2stroke lawn mower.

Let me tell you i have a d16y8 VTEC and I deman the best oil for my car because I want my motor to last, run at uit's best, and provide optimum gas milage. The best oil would be Mobil-1 Synthetic 5w30 espcially in winter. Can use in summer but if you got over 150,000km and you will hammer it the summer go 10w30 no thicker than that, otherwise stick to 5w30

This oil is at a decent price, compared toreline and royal purple, buy it in a bulk box at costco (priceclub) and you will save. Also oil filters stick to no cheaper than regular Fram, when you pay less you get less paper filtration media

speCivic

Banned
thanks man for the detailed info , I appreciate it

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hm i use 10W30.. It doesnt get cold here at all so :what:..

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sundown said:
Hm i use 10W30.. It doesnt get cold here at all so :what:..
yea same here I'm good with 10w40 i don't care what anyone has to say my car's driving fine the engine is great and I love it all that matter's.

Essasin

Dock's Garage/TCustoms
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I use Mobil 1 10w 30 with a mobil 1 filter everytime...it's the greatest imo while keeping in the not too high price range

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I'm doing myself, I use Honda (Exxon Mobil) 5w30 dino oil and a Honda, WIX, or Napa Gold filter.

If I'm lazy, I get Kendal GT-Synblend and a Kendal filter.

HondaDave07

5+ Year Member
I got a D16Y7 SOHC and I run 5-30 Quacker State Synthetic with a fram filter everytime. I' ve got some royal purple I will see if it makes any difference next oil change. As far as oil goes you get what u pay for. buy cheap s**t u'r goin to blow ur engine by snythetic ur less likely to harm ur engine.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rayz_Si said:
QS 10w40??
The best oil would be Mobil-1 Synthetic 5w30 espcially in winter. Can use in summer but if you got over 150,000km and you will hammer it the summer go 10w30 no thicker than that, otherwise stick to 5w30

how bout in desert areas like in the mid east? should i use 10w30? :?:

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sundown said:
eh, f**k what honda wants me to use.. I hate listening to the dealership :lol:..

And wtf is this?--->
what are you blind you can't see tha lilguy giving tha finger?

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
havoline or chevron supreme (hondas love moly)! Go to bobistheoilguy and you'll see that these are two of the bests dinos on the market!

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
*SilverBullet* said:
what are you blind you can't see tha lilguy giving tha finger?
No, i saw that, but i just couldnt find it in the regular list of smileys..
Then i noticed where it came from in the quote when i went back and looked at it.. :oops:

Is anyone here using royal purple or w/e its called?

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just run 5w30 what the factory recommends unless you are runnin boost. otherwise it is really pointless. my choice would be mobile 1 full synthetic but that is up to you.