Best place to add tee for boost gauge

Skylar Hale

I am finally getting around to adding my vacuum line for my AEM failsafe gauge to display my boost. Where would be the best place to tee into to run the vacuum line to? Would the BOV line be fine :?:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am finally getting around to adding my vacuum line for my AEM failsafe gauge to display my boost. Where would be the best place to tee into to run the vacuum line to? Would the BOV line be fine :?:
Yep, that is where mine is. Between the IM and BOV.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Straight off the intake manifold is where I would do it, it's going to give the best and most precise reading.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Straight off the intake manifold is where I would do it, it's going to give the best and most precise reading.
This, but most readily accessible vacuum sources will give you a good reading. I tee'd off of my intake manifold's vacuum line, and it gave me a very concise reading (using an analogue Autometer gauge).

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
True, it will tell you the right number. I just go as close the source as possible, the closer you are to the source the faster and more accurate it will be no matter what. But again, it will work off the BOV.