"best" poormans type-r set up

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are going N/A go with the b20 and slap a b16 head on it. If you can, send the head off for p&p, and get CTR cams, and youll sit pretty for a while. If your going turbo, just get the b18 bottom end and dont touch it. the LS block will be hella cheaper then a GSR bottom end. Also try and pick up the b16 tranny. I love how short the gears are, until I hit the highway, lol.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree, go with B20 bottom end and B16 head. Should give you more then the poormans (GSR block and B16 head) because of 2.0 over 1.8. Unless you plan on boring it out. Then it might be better to bore out the GSR bottom end to a 2.0 because it will have the better sleeves. Just my opinion.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Rex_89 said:
I agree, go with B20 bottom end and B16 head. Should give you more then the poormans (GSR block and B16 head) because of 2.0 over 1.8. Unless you plan on boring it out. Then it might be better to bore out the GSR bottom end to a 2.0 because it will have the better sleeves. Just my opinion.
i hear the B20vtec hybrids produce a pretty damn good bit of torque.. but thats jut what i hear

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well yeah thats true. The b20 does have good torque and at low rpm. I plan on putting a vtec head on my b20.