Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
13" Daytons.

mphscivic99

in progress
5+ Year Member
Stock wheels. If you have steelies with hubs look for some SI, HX, or Integra rims. OEM looks cleaner IMO
Don't be ghetto and put 24" with rubberband tires on there. If you think it'll be rough lowered, it'll be worse with those plus it'll make your car look like a 4x4.

Look at who is posting OEM and who is posting other crap. The people who usually chime in on helping others with mech probs and such are the ones who know what they're talking about.
The others have maybe 1 post and are usually the ones who ask the questions.

It all comes down to wether you want Rice or Nice

osk

TEAM OSK
5+ Year Member
18s would be your best
choice with rubber band tires.
=D
and trow a sound system in the
back so it will lower
it a lil more...

thats what my friend did...
ill put a pic of his car later..

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A bigger wheel will not close ANY wheel gap.

You could run up to a 18" wheel without getting a physically taller tire.

A 17" wheel with a 205/40 is wider, but height is a minor difference.

Just go low, i daily drove mine (here in colorado) for 3 years, sitting about 2.75" lower than stock, and for about 6 months i rolled around tucking 16's and 15's. Done right, the ride will be stiffer, but not 'harsh' like youre thinking.

Another thing too, big wheels with a short sidewall will make it ride just as bad as a 2" drop, on some 15's with a decent amount of sidewall. So its a lose lose situation for you.

Just keep it stock if you dont want to go lower.

wow i love hond

5+ Year Member
ok i think I'm gonna take your advice guys thanks =]
So being on a tight college budget, and not wanting to go with those godawful eBay springs and struts i hear about so much...what do you suggest to lower it? I plan on get Si rims because they are clean...and maybe next summer switch em out for blackrims with a red lip.

but for NOW, what springs and shocks should i get to lower? How much do they usually cost?

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You dont want to lower it cause the cost??? A new set of wheels and tires will run you about $800 or more... More than enough to get some Tokicos or w/e...
As for what size, dude, DUBs if you dont want the gap. But seriously that would look like s**t. Go online and look for those sites where you can see the wheels on the car before you buy'em. You choose size/color/model of the wheels and put'em on. You can even 'drop' the car to see how it looks lowered. If anyone know of that site let the OP know. I forgot what it was called....

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
eBay prings are not that awfull considering they're worth $40. Your stock shocks will give up after some months thou.
You can choose to buy a set with lowering springs and shocks (which is cheaper cause you're buying both at the same time).
You can buy springs and shocks separately as well. It'll cost a bit more but you have the choice of different brands.
Or if you're broke, get the $40 springs and DIY. And btw, you can also buy coilovers which give you the freedom of height adjustability. Look into these (but note that there are endless companys out there 4 our civics)
Springs: Tein, Megan, Skunk2, many, many others
Shocks: Tokico, Koni, etc...

osk

TEAM OSK
5+ Year Member
here is the pic of my
friends car that i was talking about
erlier today...
its at a stock size..
with 18 inch
wheels on rubber band tires

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here is the pic of my
friends car that i was talking about
erlier today...
its at a stock size..
with 18 inch
wheels on rubber band tires
It looks absolutely hideous man... but another good example to what not to do.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ that s**t looks terrible, i wonder why your so against lowering it, it does so much for the car.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i still say 24's do it big

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought my Tokico HP series springs and shocks off ebay with no problems. Came in a Tokico box with everything needed.
Click My Garage to see my car. After adding a set of beefy sway bars, i love the way my car handles and feels. Totally worth it. Im not slammed or anything.. 1.4ft and 1.25rr >> heres the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230308917342&ih=013&sspagename=STORE%3APROMOBOX%3ACUST&category=33590&viewitem=

Your stock shocks are prob already worn and youll need new ones anyway. Might as well get some good ones that have a lifetime warranty and will help your cause. As for rims, I have 17's in my pics. Sometimes they look too big, other times they look just right.

Your Car, Do what u think is best for you. Thats what i did for me, and everyone else on this forum did for themselves.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your friend has VERY poor taste in car modification. Bigger isnt always better. Is he trying to compensate for something? lol..

Si wheels.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh my God that red Civic looks horrible! Don't ever ever EVER do that to your car. Stop being stupid and listen to people that have been doing this for a while, why spend a ton of money on some overpriced huge ghetto rims to take up space when you can either stay stock and drop or get some good stock Honda wheels like Si's and do a small drop. Done.