Best Stuff To Clean Your Civic With

jbwilliam

So i've been trying all kinds of wax, polish, wash and everything to get my car shinin and to bring that little bit of faded color out. I feel like after using all the products my cars clear coat just keeps getting worse and worse. I have a black civic and its alot to keep up with at time cause i live deep in the woods and it can get dirty quick. Anyone have any good ideas on what can make my car shine and keep its shine? I'm usually really good with keepin my car clean and making it look nice but products ive been using havent been workin out. leave me your remedy's or choice of wax, wash, or polish!

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you tried clay-barring?

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like Blue Coral soap, and then Meguiar's clay bar, Gold Class or NXT Wax, then I usually finish off with their ultimate quick detailer spray.

That's just what I like from trying out all different kinds of stuff. The ICE line from turtle wax is good, but I like Meguiar's better.

Lilredrocket

5+ Year Member
Personally, I've had good luck with Ice car wash, Meguiar's clay bar, NXT tech wax, and Meguiar's quick wax for in between. It's a bit on the higher end of the price scale, but works damn good for me.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here's mine with coral soap, coat of NXT wax and meguiar's quick detailer. I use meguiar's ultimate compound paste to fill in small scratches and remove watermarks.

Notice the shine.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sometimes the paint is dull. If its possible, you might need a good buff. find a guy that does details and have them check out your paint to see if its possible. If it is, that sucker will be polished like a mirror!!! might spend anywhere from 100-150$.

rawze

i got the nxt meguiars wax and at first didnt like it. then i wiped the whole car down with alcohol to remove any old wax and the nxt turned out great. my car is black and im very ocd about fingerprints.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i let mother nature clean my car

stuco

5+ Year Member
Someone mentioned this above and I think this may be part of the problem. After years of light scratches, tiny dings in the clear coat and fading from exposure a buff job can make a huge difference. It will bring new life to your paint. Speaking of, I need to get mine buffed out. If you're good with stuff like that you can buy or borrow a buffing machine and do it yourself. There are how to videos on youtube.

Caz

Also remember your car is black, everything shows up more and itll always look better from a distance. I use regular car wash & wax soap, then some turtle wax and detailer spray shine; shines up my white car like nothing else.