Best suspension upgrade ej8

EJ8dylan

Hi all im new to the forum,

I currently own a 96 ej8 coupe it has lowered springs and 15x6 wheels
im looking to drop it to about 120mm but still want it comfortable have about $500 to spend am i wasting my time with cheap coilovers?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi all im new to the forum,

I currently own a 96 ej8 coupe it has lowered springs and 15x6 wheels
im looking to drop it to about 120mm but still want it comfortable have about $500 to spend am i wasting my time with cheap coilovers?
Welcome to the forum.

Elaborate on what you're looking to do with the car, or get out of the suspension upgrade. Is this just a DD that you want lower?

If so, the cheapest solution I'd recommend would probably Form & Function Type 1, should run you $630 shipped (no matter where you look). Hell, you could support the site and grab them here:

http://www.clubcivic.com/store/function-form-type-i-coilovers-f2-ekt1_p25107.html

Another solution would be Koni Yellows and Ground Control springs, awesome ride, but I think the combo is a little more than the F&F T1s.

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
Welcome to the forum.

Elaborate on what you're looking to do with the car, or get out of the suspension upgrade. Is this just a DD that you want lower?

If so, the cheapest solution I'd recommend would probably Form & Function Type 1, should run you $630 shipped (no matter where you look). Hell, you could support the site and grab them here:

http://www.clubcivic.com/store/function-form-type-i-coilovers-f2-ekt1_p25107.html

Another solution would be Koni Yellows and Ground Control springs, awesome ride, but I think the combo is a little more than the F&F T1s.
i picked up some F&F Type 1s for $550 shipped BNIB for my old hatch. that's a pretty substantial drop. i don't know if i would want to go that low on cheapo coils.

but as stated F&F is an OK product. made virtually the same as a lot of other coils in that price point. a little cheaper is Raceland/Rokkor. and a little more and better setup is the GC/Koni setup that [MENTION=111824]Wreckless Hype[/MENTION] mentioned.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Progress Technology CS-1