Best suspension upgrade

Etter157

Just picked up a stock EX with 80k. Enjoying it so far and I don't plan on doing many mods. So far, the only thing I want to upgrade is the suspension. I'm looking for a stiffer ride, less bounce, and less body roll. I'd prefer not to lower the car more than 1.5'', and hate the feeling of bottoming out.

I was looking at Eibach's Sport-Plus Suspension Kit. It's front and rear sway bars and springs. <$500

What other options do I have without spending too much?

Thanks in advance.

civic0918

Registered VIP
you can mix and match anything you want but make sure you get new struts. I have eibach's and they squeak loud as hell so now i have to redo all the work and put some kinda rubber coating on them i hope it dont lift the car back up to much. Good luck eibach's are a nice ride im not trying to scare you maybe i did it wrong who knows.

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
i just picked up a tokico set of shocks and springs from tunersports.com (site sponsor) and i really love em. The ride is a bit firmer, but i like it. Its actually LESS bouncy than the stock, and communicated teh road better. less body roll, and i havn't had any clearance issues.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For a decent setup, you're still going to have to fork out at least $1000 minimum IMHO. Decent shocks / whatever springs you want or a coilover setup, a subframe brace and a 19+mm rear sway bar. Don't forget tires. People always forget tires. Your car won't handle all that great if it can't grip the road.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
X2 on tires. Anything expensive is an upgrade, depends on how you drive your car, if you "rally" your car to starbucks you need something tht will hold up. Coilovers, camber kits, thinker sway bars, strut braces, any if these will help.and make sure your spring rates are correct and your calving is right. And get your suspension tuned. People actually overlook that suspension can be tuned at a shop and they set your car for how you drive.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just picked up a tokico set of shocks and springs from tunersports.com (site sponsor) and i really love em. The ride is a bit firmer, but i like it. Its actually LESS bouncy than the stock, and communicated teh road better. less body roll, and i havn't had any clearance issues.
this is a good 1st set up for beginners. cheap and effective. ive rocked mine a little over a year, i get a squeak here and there, but i just spray some lube up there around the top hats and its solved.

you should replacwe the OE shocks anyways since the car is 10 years old. youll be amazed how the cars handling will come alive. new sways would be good too. i would look into a ASR brace and sway combo.

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
this is a good 1st set up for beginners. cheap and effective. ive rocked mine a little over a year, i get a squeak here and there, but i just spray some lube up there around the top hats and its solved.

you should replacwe the OE shocks anyways since the car is 10 years old. youll be amazed how the cars handling will come alive. new sways would be good too. i would look into a ASR brace and sway combo.
YEa, thats why i picked it up. I mean, at the end of the day i'm not trying to set any time trial records here. Its a daily grind car, to and from work and scooting around town. The Tokicos are great for day to day liveability and the occasional "oh look at THAT country road...fun!" stint. If you plan on doing some hardcore driving, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you're just a dude who drives his car and just wants it to drive better...then the tokicos are a good choice.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Type R sway bars are like $40 used, and they are thick.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
X2 on tires. Anything expensive is an upgrade, depends on how you drive your car, if you "rally" your car to starbucks you need something tht will hold up. Coilovers, camber kits, thinker sway bars, strut braces, any if these will help.and make sure your spring rates are correct and your calving is right. And get your suspension tuned. People actually overlook that suspension can be tuned at a shop and they set your car for how you drive.
He only wants to lower 1.5" so he won't need a camber kit, just an alignment. He doesn't want to spend a lot of money and strut braces are some of the last things you should get as far as upgrading suspension. And why do you recommend he wastes money on getting his suspension "tuned" when all he's doing is daily driving? I would never get my suspension "tuned" unless I wanted to actually auto cross and have my car handle as best as it could.

Type R sway bars are like $40 used, and they are thick.
And should not be used without a subframe brace which is what, $180 still? Then you need specific end links.

Blackmagic00

If you are patient ebay is a good choice. I got neuspeed racing springs $10 used all 4 with $25 shipping. Skunk2 camber kit front and rear $279 new free shipping. Energy suspension complete bushing kit $75 new free shipping. Then I picked up front and rear KYB struts for $200. I don't recommend these springs because they are too stiff, but just a suggestion about ebay. By the way I'm new here, nice to meet all.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nobody wants to mod thier civic untill they mod it then he will come crawling back. And I say slam tht shi the right way lol. J/k if your not looking to slam lowering spring and a good alignment. If you need any help on changing the spring feel free to ask.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want to stick with springs get the Tein S-Tech or the Eibach Sportlines.