Best tuning solution

TYNMDYS

Alright, so. I have $450 saved up and a steady guaranteed $200 into savings every week. This summer, I plan to use this money to turbo my 1994 Del Sol Si with a JDM D15b VTEC swap. I understand the mechanics of turboing, but what's the best tuning solution?

There's a SAFC NEO for sale on ebay for $250. Is this the way to go? Or should I have my virgin P28 chipped and use Hondata or the like?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hondata is without a doubt much better than the SAFC.

TYNMDYS

Right, but to run hondata won't it cost me a fortune? Like $100 to have my ECU chipped and another $500 for the Hondata itself?

ghettoturbo

5+ Year Member
Right, but to run hondata won't it cost me a fortune? Like $100 to have my ECU chipped and another $500 for the Hondata itself?
When we sell an s300 unit, we give the customer the option of sending in a stock obd1chippable ecu and we will install the s300 free of charge at the time of the order. I imagine other Hondata dealers do the same thing.

There are many other options, who will be tuning this car? If you don't plan on tuning it yourself, find a tuner and see what they prefer to use. Not everything requires you to purchase hardware, with eCtune (dealer version) and Crome (and Neptune if you go to a Neptune dealer/tuner), you just need a chipped ecu and a tuner.

-Jay

Mugen DC5

Back to a civic
5+ Year Member
Hondata S300 is the way to go, don't cheap out when you go turbo.. get yourself a good tune and you should be fine. Trust me it's well worth it