Better bass using the same materials?

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so I just built a box for my 2 MA Audio 700w subs so they can go in the back of my del sol with the top in there as well. The box's dimensions are 35"w 9.5"h and 15"l I have the subs mounted on the top of the box 4 inches apart and have two 4" ports drilled in the side facing the front of the car(*box is against the front of the trunk/the side where the license plate is)

All I am wondering is there anyway to get better bass out of this setup? Some things I have been told to try is put a divider between the the two subs inside of the box, add a capacitor or whatever it is called, or to shorten my power and ground cables. I was just wondering, in your opinions will these said things to try actually help at all? I don't have much $$$ or I would go buy a better amp then my 1000w Sony but at the moment that aint gonna happen.

All positive responses are appreciated, and if you don't have anything to say to help me, please do not post.

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not familiar with that brand of subs but make sure the internal dimensons (cubic ft) are what is reccomended by the manufactured for the frequency response you are looking for.

yes, each sub should have its own environment. a divider would be wise. ground cables should be minimal leingth.

a cap, meh, probably not necessicary with your setup. good clean power with the right box is key.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
idk about del sols, but mine gets more bass when facing towards the back of my coupe

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
i made a custom box for my del sol years ago and i used mdf with a wedge design for 2 12' solo baric l5s with a 750 watt amp and they hit hard and yes make sure u have dividers in the box to seperate the subs and a cap is only necessary if when the bass hits every thing dims and draws to much power which wont happen with the amp ur running

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SO just to sum it up, I should divide the 2 so they have their separate areas, cut the ground shorter, and the power cable shorter as well?

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Use 1 in the proper box

del sol trunks are tiny so im sure those subs are in tiny boxes.

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I cant seal the boxes as there isnt enough room to have the subs in a sealed box and yet allowing me to have my top in there which the main goal was, I mean the subs sound ok the way they are, just not up to par with how they were in the last box they were in which was sealed completely minus the 2 ports on each side.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I cant seal the boxes as there isnt enough room to have the subs in a sealed box and yet allowing me to have my top in there which the main goal was, I mean the subs sound ok the way they are, just not up to par with how they were in the last box they were in which was sealed completely minus the 2 ports on each side.
Port 1 then. 2 sealed will give you about same output as 1 ported correctly.

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The box's dimensions are 35"w 9.5"h and 15"l I have the subs mounted on the top of the box 4 inches apart and have two 4" ports drilled in the side facing the front of the car(*box is against the front of the trunk/the side where the license plate is)
The box is already ported...