Better Midbass In Doors

loudferio13

5+ Year Member
Im looking for some ideas to get better mid bass in my front doors.Car is a 98 civic lx.I put some deadner in there but I think the holes that were once covered by plastic is whats causing them not to thump like they should.Ive got the pg rsd 6.5's comp set in there now.I have a mb 4125 running the mids at 125watts a piece and the tweets at 60.Also its being ran active from my headunit mids at 100hz-4000k, tweets at 4000kMy fiances hyundai elantra has more midbass in her doors and hers is stock.what to do

cobb2819

the best idea is to completely seal off the door. i've found that if you make plugs for the larger holes out of some 1/4" birch plywood, and then seal the whole inner skin with deadener covering everything you will notice increased midbass.

loudferio13

5+ Year Member
I think my other problem is I had the hack alot of the door panel to fit the 6.5 in the door and therefor opening it more.Ill try to seal it better thanks

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so your old setup sounded better without the sound deadener.

cobb2819

I think my other problem is I had the hack alot of the door panel to fit the 6.5 in the door and therefor opening it more.Ill try to seal it better thanks
can you provide pics?? i've seen people just cut out the basket on the panel allowing for enough room (that's what i did), and i've seen people cut the whole speaker mounting area out. and mount straight to the door with spacers / brackets.

Tw3ak3d

Im looking for some ideas to get better mid bass in my front doors.Car is a 98 civic lx.I put some deadner in there but I think the holes that were once covered by plastic is whats causing them not to thump like they should.Ive got the pg rsd 6.5's comp set in there now.I have a mb 4125 running the mids at 125watts a piece and the tweets at 60.Also its being ran active from my headunit mids at 100hz-4000k, tweets at 4000kMy fiances hyundai elantra has more midbass in her doors and hers is stock.what to do
change your crossover setting on your mids to 80hz- you'll notice a difference..

loudferio13

5+ Year Member
can you provide pics?? i've seen people just cut out the basket on the panel allowing for enough room (that's what i did), and i've seen people cut the whole speaker mounting area out. and mount straight to the door with spacers / brackets.
I just cut alittle off the actual door panel to allow the speaker to squeeze its way in the door still isnt perfect.I would like to mount straight to the door.where can I find pics of that

cobb2819

I just cut alittle off the actual door panel to allow the speaker to squeeze its way in the door still isnt perfect.I would like to mount straight to the door.where can I find pics of that
if you cut more you lose the door panel mounts. the screws around the speaker that hold the panel to the inner skin

loudferio13

5+ Year Member
if you cut more you lose the door panel mounts. the screws around the speaker that hold the panel to the inner skin
so just finish cuuting all the plastic so the speaker slides right through.then mount a ring on the door and place the speaker