Biggest power gains for my budget?

JCullen

Hey guys,
I have about $600-800 that I'm looking to spend to get some more power out of my 2000 civic sir. I already have the header, intake and exhaust. What would be the best idea to spend this money on to get some extra power?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you want to stay NA or go forced induction later?

JCullen

I was thinking about eventually going forced induction, what parts would you need to turbo it? and how much would everything cost all said and done if I did the work myself?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You'll need to save more money for a turbo to get good results.
Do a quick search on the turbo builds here and see what set ups you like. So much info to read. Turbos arent cheap but they can be fun.
Take the money you have now and start putting one together. Or just save up for a set.

NA b16 are nice but you'd spend alot of money to build it.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$6-800 isn't going to get you anything worth while. Buy a different car; that's your best advise.

BTW a p72 is from a GSR.

grumblemarc

5+ Year Member
Save your money. If you go FI a good manifold could run you as much as your whole budget. EMS and tuning will set you back that much easily.

yellowbone12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
600-$800 i'll get a used turbo setup for around 500 and run it at low boost. something like 8psi and upgrade the setup as time past.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get it dyno tuned. The extra 10-15 hp and a much better power band will be worth every penny.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get it dyno tuned. The extra 10-15 hp and a much better power band will be worth every penny.
A dyno tune with basic bolt-ons won't yield much power...

As far as going boost, yeah, you're going to need more than twice the budget you have now. If you really want to make power, save, and either buy or piece together a turbo kit. If you're going to maintain a stock block, keep your boost low (8-10psi, depending on turbo size, inlets/outlets, charge piping/IC piping etc.), and be SURE to dyno tune.

If you want to go N/A, a cam/camshaft would be a good start. Tune after that.