Bizzare Door lock problem!

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heumm yeah so i started today.. Ej8 99.. automatic doorlocks.. with a basic alarm systems that locks and unlocks when armed or disarmed..

so yeah i'm driving then Click my doors lock, i unlock.. 10-20 seconds later locks again i'm like stumped So i unlock once again! it locks its self automatically right away try again same thing unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock, then is stops... 5 min later starts over again!... i have no idea, all i can think of is all the water with the snow melting but that makes no sense right? so anyways i wont do it for 20 min then it starts over again!.. F&^%%$ up

any ideas!?
thanks

JHMEG8

5+ Year Member
First check the connection on your alarm door lock trigger wires to see if they are loose.

If not, it maybe the programing of your Alarm. Read manual to see how to program on not locking itself. I think its called passive locking or something. I forget.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First check the connection on your alarm door lock trigger wires to see if they are loose.

If not, it maybe the programing of your Alarm. Read manual to see how to program on not locking itself. I think its called passive locking or something. I forget.
Passive locks wouldn't behave like he's describing though. Something is hooked up incorrectly. Who installed it? Alarms are not easy so if it was someone's first try then there is your answer.

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i checked all the wires to the alarm module today everything is tight, the alarm has been on the car for over 3 years, no idea who did it, i bought the car with the alarm!
never had problems occur with this before!.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wouldn't it be good that it automatically locks while you're driving?

In any case, are there any relays between the module and the locks? That's what could be faulting... or a wire is shorting to ground, or a crimped/spliced connection is failing.