BLack leather Inerior (Front and back seats)

supermario25

5+ Year Member
Hey guys. I hope every one is doing well. I just had a few questions on seats that would fit my 5th gen eg. So the inerior now is a stock navy blue and I want to change everything to black and have black leather seats but I am not sure as to what year integra front seats and back seats would fit into my hatchback. Also, I want to paint the dash board, door panels, and the plastic covering in the back but I am not sure as to what spray paint to use. Should I use enamel? I'm sure someone has painted their interior before so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.

daddy

to paint the interior you're going to want to use a vinyl dye and not a paint. it'll give a much more durable and original looking finish.

for the leather, let us know what seats you go with and we'll set you up with the leather seat covers

supermario25

5+ Year Member
I appreciate the response, but for the vinyl dye will I need to do any prep work like priming or can I just directly spray the dye on the surface. thanks

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Me too, I've got an Em2 and just bought black rsx leathers for my tan interior, but want to figure it out too.
Sorry not trying to tread jack, same issue you got though :(

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they made black leather seats for the eg, i had a set in my old hatch. they were mint.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I refuse to paint, even seeing guys really prep there dashes and interior peices with paint fail with sun and uv rays and your left with crappy cheap interior.
I'm going to try and get a wrecked civic with back interior.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I refuse to paint, even seeing guys really prep there dashes and interior peices with paint fail with sun and uv rays and your left with crappy cheap interior.
I'm going to try and get a wrecked civic with back interior.

Prep has nothing to do with sun fading. That has to do with how the paint was protected. Just like with painting the outside of the car if the interior pieces aren't done correctly, they will have the same result.

Painting is fine as long as you do it right. If done right, it can last just as long as the outside paint job.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know what prepping is.
AlI am saying is paint on flexible material is not even close to the quality of a oem dyed interior trim piece.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know what prepping is.
AlI am saying is paint on flexible material is not even close to the quality of a oem dyed interior trim piece.
If you use the right materials there is nothing wrong with painting. Bumper covers and lips are made from flexible plastic most of the time and they aren't dyed.

You are also using different points in your argument here. First you said that painting is bad because of the fading from sun light. That has NOTHING to do with the parts being flexible. That has to do with the protection used on the paint.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with dying just saying that there is no need to discount painting something because you have witnessed terrible jobs.

To each their own. I have seen dye jobs that have looked terrible as well as botched paint jobs. Both are viable options if done right.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No need. The interior doesn't get that hot. It gets hot in the summer but no where near the need for high heat paint.

daddy

how would a high heat paint hold up?
Even on a very hot day in the sun, the interior won't get above 150F so there is really no need for high temp. The key to getting good adhesion to the plastic and therefore durability is good surface prep.

deschlong

5+ Year Member
The best way really is to gut a black interior hatch. Paint and dye may look nice at first, but really is not as durable as a plastic in that original colour, especially in high wear zones or areas that receive occasional and unavoidable nicks and scratches from normal wear. Your blue hatch actually has upper trim and headliner that has a slight grey/blue tint to it. It would be nice to convert this to the neutral colour from a black hatch to really be OEM. Gutting a black hatch will allow you to do this.