Blacked Out Headlights

Bebo_5_3

5+ Year Member
Wassup Club Civ Amigos! :D

I was just wonderinggg if anyone knows of any website that sells already blacked out headlights for an 04-05??? I really want to do mine but I feel like if I do it myself I will mess them up :( If anyone knows of anything let me know.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't know of any sites, but as hard as it sounds to do it right, it is very easy...I was weary about doing mine, but they saved a lot of money and turned out great with no leaks...just follow one of the million DIY's out there...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
blacked out headlights , or headlights with black housings. big difference.

ones legal, ones illegal

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You won't see s**t if you just spray them or film them!

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I saw some on ebay. But I say DIY, at tops it takes an hour

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did my whole headlight unit...and it sux...cant see s**t at night!...i say stick with the taillight tint...had mine done for about 2 weeks and no cops said anything (yet) knock on wood...its very simple but the DIY things are ok...

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah usually if you are trying to shine light thru a dark lense the light outout will blow....

**edit**

assuming this guy is talkin about his lenses and the harness.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just black house the chrome pieces, wow, its been been done a million times, i dont know why people are saying its bad or it shouldnt be done.

ITS EASY! even for a BEGINNER!

Squeak

Rockin the Si
5+ Year Member
I did the DIY yourself Toneekay posted a while back. Pretty simple IMO. Turned out good and no bad effects from it so far.

Andrew

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol thanks, i figure i make a new sig since everyone has a new sig

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
300+ for headlights is just plain bs, I got headlights for my truck for 40 and they are glass, not plastic.
Ouch

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow....those headlights look awesome! i have to get me some of them!...but i would never black out my headliights again! bad idea, couldnt see s**t

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When I got into a wreck, one of my headlights was replaced with a brand new honda oem headlight, while the other headlight that was still intacted, was a DIY black housed one. I went to Certifit and got 2 new oem style headlights for $60 a piece. You could also probably find some HID projectors and a ballast kit for another $200; then do a retrofit. I agree, those angel eye, black housed lights are overpriced. You could find something like that off ebay for around $100-150.

*And you could have done the DIY black housing with the HID retrofit!

bones420

5+ Year Member
It's very easy follow the DIY. It took me a couple hours to have it all off, opened primed and painted!!!!

If u don't want to use the oven method, a hair dryer will work , thats what I used.