Blacked Out

gearheadmike

ok i got a 94 lx 4dr and im getting some funds rly soon and i want to black the car out. I was thinking smoked tail lights/head lights my windows getting tinted/ grill blacked out w/o emblem the chrome trim off and painted and same with wiper arms and ect.

My questions are what tail and headlights should i get? can i just put in brighter head light bulbs or?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i got a 94 lx 4dr and im getting some funds rly soon and i want to black the car out. I was thinking smoked tail lights/head lights my windows getting tinted/ grill blacked out w/o emblem the chrome trim off and painted and same with wiper arms and ect.

My questions are what tail and headlights should i get? can i just put in brighter head light bulbs or?
Honestly, I think it would look soooo much cleaner if you just kept it OE. I think "murdered out" should be saved for luxury IMO. But you do what you want, it's your car =)

Keep your OE tails. Don't go for that altezza crap. You'll be dogged on for days.
As for headlights, you have two options. You could buy blackback headlights, or you could take yours apart and paint the housing. There are tonssss of threads on how to do this. I did mine a gunmetal grey, if you want to see you can look at my garage. Don't smoke your headlights, it looks tacky and you lose visability.

And honestly if you're getting funds, I'd put it into suspension if you haven't already ;)

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blacking out the lights will just make the light output really bad..you can put hid's in and it'll still be bad..but good luck and when someone rear ends you cause they couldn't see your brake lights it'll be your fault

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my trucks lights are blacked out, and i have not got rear ended -shrug-

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.but good luck and when someone rear ends you cause they couldn't see your brake lights it'll be your fault
This can happen, and in that case, your insurance may not cover you since technically you are altering a safety device. Just something to think about.

I wouldn't black out your headlights since it defeats the purpose of having them to begin with, but I do like the look of the black housing lights.

gearheadmike

yea prob best to just save my money i wont have enough for suspension im only getting like $350 id rather get more power but with the y7 thats not gunna happen

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you can do you own ctr style headlights for like 5 bucks, you can use night shades on your tails for like 12 bucks, tint for like 150, but its just all in what you want

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my trucks lights are blacked out, and i have not got rear ended -shrug-
If you do, you're going to get screwed by insurance because to them it will be your fault.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blacking out tail lights doens't look bad as long as it's very mild. I don't like "murdered out", as do a lot of people on here.

But honestly, it's your car, do what you want. $350 isn't much for anything on a Civic. You're best off saving it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$350 isn't much for anything on a Civic. You're best off saving it.
If you don't want to tackle the DIY's, I'd do that, save up for something worthwhile, if not car related, something else.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Save the money are start buying pieces to build the d some new rods,pistons, piece ls of a turbo kit,etc

tony9156

I got a 98 coupe that I blacked out, check it out http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=205929&highlight=blacked+out

Shouldn't cost you much money, just depends on what you go with. I needed new headlights anyways so I bought some new ones on ebay for $70 that were black housing and smoked. Then I used some vinyl tint for my tail lights that I got on ebay for $15. Removed emblems for free using dental floss. If you do smoke your headlights though you're gonna need some HID's, mine cost me $80. The most expensive thing was tinting my windows cause I paid someone else, around $200. Oh ya and don't worry about the light output after the head/tail lights are blacked out it's fine, you can't even tell they're blacked out when I'm driving down the road at night. Hope that helps.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh ya and don't worry about the light output after the head/tail lights are blacked out it's fine, you can't even tell they're blacked out when I'm driving down the road at night.
I really doubt that.
Tinting the lens, you're limiting the amount of light output right off the bat.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really doubt that.
Tinting the lens, you're limiting the amount of light output right off the bat.
Painting the housings is much cleaner anyway and it doesnt mess with your light output.