blackhousing parking lights

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I recently did my headlights (DIY BLACKHOUSING) and was very happy the way they came out. When doing the headlights i realized there was a bulb that didn't do anything when the lights were on every setting. I thought maybe it was some type of backup bulb and nothing to be worried about. I saw pictures on the internet with someone that had their parking lights on (same exact car) and not only was the blinker side on, but that bulb was on thats not on for me. Anyone have any ideas what it is or how to get it on when the parking lights are on? (sorry the pics are crappy - my parents are on vacation and took the camera..these are from my cell phone) Its circled in red:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
City lights?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've never seen that bulb on, on the first 7th gens, im assuming it's a DRL, Some other kind of High beam bulb or something.

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
high beam or city light.

-Jason

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeh but how come i see it light up orange on some other cars, and how do i get it to do that lol

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
It's just another parking light. It's a 168 bulb. You may want to try replace the bulb, or see if you pluged it back in. It should come on with ALL stages of your headlamps. If you want that bulb amber in addition to your turn/park bulb (the one above it), then try to find a 168amber bulb. They are hard to find. Don't use a 194 bulb. It'll burn your socket.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think it does anything. The revision of the 7th gen in 2004 doesn't even have anything extra then low, high, and turning lights.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 168 bulb is the same as a 194 which is easier to find in auto part stores but your must be burnt out it should be lit any time the lights are on.

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a 2001 ex. it comes on all stages as mentioned above. my bulbs that came stock say 194 and they're still running fine, no burnt socket 194=168. easy to find and like 3 bucks. bulb is eaither burnt out or a fuse is.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nyghtryder said:
the 168 bulb is the same as a 194 which is easier to find in auto part stores but your must be burnt out it should be lit any time the lights are on.
That's what I thought... but I was talking to him last night, and apparently it's out on both sides. Not sure both sides would be burnt out at the same time?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^yeh thats what im concerned about, but if the bulbs are cheap ill give them a shot and see what happens

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just did my gunmetal housing..and replaced those bulbs. I got them in amber at checker's auto parts. for under 5 bucks.

Em2~B!tch

i love my Em2!!
5+ Year Member
RiPPiN_iT said:
I recently did my headlights (DIY BLACKHOUSING) and was very happy the way they came out. When doing the headlights i realized there was a bulb that didn't do anything when the lights were on every setting. I thought maybe it was some type of backup bulb and nothing to be worried about. I saw pictures on the internet with someone that had their parking lights on (same exact car) and not only was the blinker side on, but that bulb was on thats not on for me. Anyone have any ideas what it is or how to get it on when the parking lights are on? (sorry the pics are crappy - my parents are on vacation and took the camera..these are from my cell phone) Its circled in red:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
that bulb only actually works on the Canadian models its a daytime Driving light. if u find out how to get it to work tell me !! cause i have been trying to find out the same thing.

Em2~B!tch

i love my Em2!!
5+ Year Member
that light is a daytime running Light ...only available on the Canadian models but we still get the Bulb and the extra lil bubble that just doesnt light up.. when u find out how to do that than tell me cuase i am having the same issue!!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
could you just wire that bulb up to the parking lights....?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it's funny because i always wondered what the 01-03 extra bulb and bubble was for, it was too small to be a high beam though.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Kaotic_Zeus said:
it's funny because i always wondered what the 01-03 extra bulb and bubble was for, it was too small to be a high beam though.
I thought it was another blinker...:what:

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
I thought it was another blinker...:what:
Yeah that too. One amber bulb would be stale and the other blinks like the 90-93 accords.

I love the revision of the 04-05. Seperate High and low beams . :D

Em2~B!tch

i love my Em2!!
5+ Year Member
good question on the wiring them im pretty sure u could.. there doesnt seem to be a reason why not i actually never thought about that one ..

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that is not only on canadian. im from the USA. Louisiana to be exact. i have a 2001 and it works. my buddy has an 02 and it works. it works from the factory. and when u turn ur running lights on or headlights it comes on. it is on whenever the bigger bulb is on(blinker bulb)

RIPPIN IT: if both are out at the same time may be a fuse. look thru owners handbook and it should tell u what fuse to check. take the bulb out and see if u can tell if its burnt out or not

and yes if for some reason we have a special edition that our cars are the only two that the bulb works, then wiring it to the parkinglight/blinker will work fine