Blowing it!

FNGdomino760

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, I ordered some nology hotwires like two weeks ago and finally got them today. (Shipping lagged cuz of the holidays). Anyways they have groound wires that you need to connect to the bolts on the heat shield but like a dumbass i unscrewed on of the bolts on the valve cover. After relizing my mistake i tightened the bold down to much and snapped it! :oops: So half the bolts in the engine. Ive never taken my valve cover off before and would like to to try and save myself some money if i can just tap the bolt out myself. i have a seven year warranty from hoen honda but i dont know if theyll cover it. If anyone can tell me what im looking at to get this done i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanxs.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, the torque on those bolts is 7lbs, so you have to be careful, take the valve cover off and see if its sticking out at all, if not you can either have it drilled out, or you can do it yourself

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not tough to tap a broken bolt out.
just get a good tap set and don't over drill the hole.

FNGdomino760

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont have to darin the oil or anything like that? just take out the four remaining bolts and lift the valve cover off?

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you gotta take a hose off, the oil cap off the spark plug wires off the cover, and thats it, and make sure you get the gasket in correctly before you put it back on

FNGdomino760

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, so the none of the bolt was exposed so i need to tap it out. know what size and how far down i should go?

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno, i would rather have some one do it for me, im gonna do it soon

FNGdomino760

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah youre probably right. I got a 7 year powertrain warranty with the car that covers towing and powertrain so im hoping theyll cover it.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually, im sure its pretty simple to tap out a screw, but i figure if im dumb enough to not check the torque specs for the bolt in the first place, i shouldnt mess with it anymore, and i heard it would only be like 20 to have each bolt tapped

FNGdomino760

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
deez said:
i dunno, i would rather have some one do it for me, im gonna do it soon
Why do you have to do it. Yeah it was pretty lame of me not to check on the specs first.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess if you didnt have it fixed after a while you might get some oil leaking or something, i dunno, but i just dont like having a broken bolt in my head

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no my friend did it, we put it back on in auto i wasnt paying attention and i didnt check the torque specs, but yea, i have one bolt that snapped in half

FNGdomino760

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sucks. im gonna get it taken care of tommorrow so i can finally try these nologys out. Few people have had good things to say about them but a couple different people i know swear by them. I also regrounded my car with four gauge so want to see what he diffferance is with that. I just hope they can get it done tommorrow before work.