blown bearings?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i think i blew the bearings in my turbo....i let the car warm up....then took it for a 15 min highway drive.....on my way back i heard a "poof" and then i tried to get the car into boost but nothing happened....it says it builds 2psi on the boost gauge and barely sounds like the turbo is spooling...the bov BARELY goes off.....so my guess is blown bearings?

once the car cools down im gonna go check the inlet and see if theirs oil in it.....

**well i checked to see if their was oil and their is no oil at all....i even took it for a drive to see if it would build oil but nope.....i checked to see if their was shaftplay and their was nothing at all.....the bov goes off still so i dont think its a pipe coupler that blew idk ill have to check....

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say check couplers....

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your turbo blew it would sound like there is rocks in it or there would be tons of blue smoke. One of your couplers blew off.

ryanM

yea it sounds like you popped a charge pipe...

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well hmm....all the piping still looked to be intact....when i first had the turbo hooked up that thing spooled up loud....but now its like its dead or something.....barely sounds like its spooling up....and im getting no power at all.....

not sure maybe one of the couplers are leaking...ill go thru and tighten up all the couplers again....thanks guys !!!!

ryanM

it really just sounds like a boost leak.

check all of your couplers, pipes, lines, etc.

LS1Bait

LS1s love me.
5+ Year Member
that always happened to me.

Blown charge pipes for sure.

Then I switched all my wormgears to T-bolts and never had that problem again.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmmm..im also thinking maybe the hf U bend that im using may have cracked which is why i still build 2 psi....bc when it made the "poof" noise i wasnt in boost at all.....and ive hit 13psi quite a bit and no piping have blown off yet so i think it has something to do with that U bend that im using.....either it cracked or something....

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the car still builds about 3psi though....^^^

when i had blown off a coupler last time the turbo would spool up real loud and quick.....now it just sounds like its barely wanting to spool...

well still no luck on finding what wrong with it....i went thru and tightened all the couplers....i checked for cracks in the U bend and found nothing, i even started the car and felt around for air and didnt feel anything....i checked the shaft play and its fine on the turbo....after i drove it for a lil bit i checked for oil and their isnt any in the inlet of the turbo.....their is no black smoke coming outta the tailpipe....so im not sure what could be wrong ??!!

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, did you check to see if your charge pipe popped off? i've had it happen numerous times. make sure you don't drive it too much if it actually popped off.. might spin your turbo loose. if your charge pipe didn't pop off the it might be a seal. i went through 2 ebay turbo's. the first i ran without a filter and sucked a rock up in side. the second, i boosted too much (15psi) and ruined the seal. don't buy ebay turbo's! now i have a turbonetics gt35r. that's the one that alway's makes my charge pipe pop off.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new couplers and T-Bolt clamps should be a upgrade

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have an intercooler for sale and couplings =]

just throwing it out there

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its not the wastegate....i took off the line for the wastegate so it ran just the turbo and it still did the same thing its doing....

and its not a charge pipe.....the turbo still makes 3psi....

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ive checked them all and retightened the clamps....its not the charge pipes